The Social and Economic Policies Monitor (Al Marsad) is a research, policy and advocacy civil society organization based in Ramallah, Palestine.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
- Design a gender strategy and action plan and lead the implementation of the strategies and plan.
- Provide high quality expertise and guidance on effective ways to mainstream gender within Al-Marsad’s policies, plans and work procedures.
- Provide high quality expertise and guidance on effective ways to mainstream gender within Al-Marsad’s researches, studies and policy papers.
- Submit monthly/quarterly/semi-annual reports, as requested by management, identifying achievements, problems faced and proposed solutions, focusing on gender.
- Contribute to the assessment of Al Marsad’s project proposals, focusing on gender.
- Offer capacity building and empowerment trainings on gender for the beneficiaries, partner organizations, and other relevant community stakeholders.
- Provide on‐the‐job training to Al-Marsad’s staff on gender equality and gender mainstreaming principles and coordinate timely staff meetings to follow up on recommendations.
- Review of the organization’s overall strategic plan and assure the integration of gender equality strategies and policies.
- Review of the organization’s overall budget and assure the integration of gender equality strategies and policies.
- Review the organization’s advocacy plan and promote and spearhead the Lobbying and Advocacy work of the organization focusing on gender.
- Contribute to the advocacy campaigns design, implementation, including Al Marsad’s effort to mobilize the right holders.
- Actively participate in the search for other financing, and providing management with analysis of the potential and relevant funding opportunities in relation to gender equality.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Master degree in relevant education at academic level, preferably in gender and development related fields.
- Substantial knowledge about gender issues in Palestine and familiarity with innovative approaches to address gender problems and to promote gender equality
- Demonstrable recent and substantial work experience (at least 5 years) with gender equality and women’s rights programs in Palestine.
- Experience from working with human rights-based approach
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Very good experience in managing, monitoring and evaluation programs, including partnership management.
- Very good experience on capacity building and good facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking skills and abilities to influence others.
- Knowledge of computer including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Serious, trustworthy, disciplined, dependable and responsible.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English language.
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to send their CV’s along with a cover letter, in English, to
No later than January 27th 2020; 16:00 local time.
The email subject line should include the following position name: Community & Gender Mobilizer
Al Marsad is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.