The Social and Economic Policies Monitor (Al Marsad) is a research, policy and advocacy civil society organization based in Ramallah, Palestine.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
1) Assisting senior researchers in:
- Conducting studies, research and opinion polls;
- Designing questionnaires and selecting samples for quantitative research;
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data;
- Conduct in-field interviews, and focus groups
- Disseminate the results of studies and research to the concerned parties.
2) Participation in the preparatory tasks for academic days, scientific conferences and workshops;
3) Conduct literature reviews and prepare research methodologies for studies to be conducted;
4) Prepare studies’ preliminary plans and articulate studies’ expected outputs;
5) Writing studies’ executive summaries and relevant press reports;
6) Networking and coordination with media partners;
7) Coordinate and follow-up research projects’ implementation;
8) Prepare research projects’ timely progress reports;
9) Follow up, evaluate and document research project activities, and hold meetings with partners.
10) Other duties as assigned.
Specific responsibilities will include: Coordinating work related to Al Marsad’s project’s activities. This includes:
1) Arranging stakeholders meetings and conferences;
2) Sustain and improve the current filing and documentation for all of the project documents;
3) Providing finance support tasks as requested by the Finance and Admin Officer including but not limited to, maintaining compliance requirements and assisting with payment processing;
4) Preparing monthly plans, and progress reports;
5) Providing project budget monitoring support; tracking under spending/overspending,
6) Developing training materials, implement training, facilitate and manage workshops and study days;
7) Preparing lists of remaining expenditures and any reallocations, when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
MA Degree in Social Sciences;
7+ years of research and program experience
Native Arabic speaker with excellent spoken and written English
Experience using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Data collection, analysis and reporting is a strong plus;
Ability to work in a team and form productive, supportive and professional relationships with team and stakeholders.
Proven communication skills;
A self-starter, able to take the lead on individual initiatives;
Able to travel widely throughout the West Bank conducting outreach and research;
Ability to manage multiple administrative tasks with ease.
Excellent verbal and written command of English language.
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to send their CV’s along with a cover letter, in English, as well as a sample of research paper, to
No later than June 23th 2022; 16:00 local time.
The email subject line should include the following position name: Researcher and Project Coordinator
Al Marsad is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.