Position Title: Community Disaster Risk Reduction facilitator (CDRR(
Period: 3 years
Starting date: As soon as possible
# of vacancies: 1
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The Community Disaster Risk Reduction facilitator (CDRR) role is responsible of the implementation of the project: supporting vulnerable and affected Palestinian communities to transition to more resilient, sustainable, and equitable economic growth in the Gaza Strip and the Jordan Valley funded by BMZ).
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Responsible for assessment /identification of the risk /hazards at community level
- Development of the needed tools for the assessments
- Capacity building the member of the established Community Protection Committee (CPC)
- Development of community Disaster Risk Reduction Plan and mitigation response plan
- Communicate, disseminate and promote CDRR plan CPC at community and national levels
- Arrange/facilitate/coordinate for different meetings with stakeholders and partners.
- Prepare and submit periodic report
- Handle beneficiaries’ complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor degree in agronomist /environment engineering bachelor or a relevant with at least 3 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills, including an ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Publisher, MS Word and Excel)
- Management Skills
- Reporting skills
- Good Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Coordination/communication Skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Valid driving license
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 20 July 2021 and include the job title (CDRR facilitator) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.