Communications, Media and Advocacy Coordinator(Nationals only)
Jerusalem, Norwegian Refugee Council
Generic responsibilities :
1-Identify patterns and trends to raise awareness of international human rights law and international humanitarian law violations in the Gaza Strip.
2-Highlight key incidents during escalations or emergencies for rapid advocacy intervention.
3-Promote the rights of refugees and internal displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy
4-Coordinate NRC’s communications response to prioritize protection issues both within the country and internationally.
5-Ensure communications, media and advocacy initiatives and messaging are evidence-based, conducted in close coordination with programmes, and integrated throughout all of NRC’s work.
6-Support writing and strategic distribution of evidenced-based and public-facing advocacy products.
7-Engage actively with NRC regional and global communications, media and advocacy teams to develop, coordinate and generate communications, media and advocacy products.
8-Strengthen strategic advocacy networks and identify opportunities to advocate NRC’s position.
9-Representing NRC to partners and the public, including with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, national authorities and the media.
10-Comply with NRC policies, guidance and procedures
Specific responsibilities :
1-Contribute to the development and implementation of an evidence-based communications, media and advocacy strategy.
2-Identify emerging patterns or trends to ensure adaptive and rapid advocacy
3-Coordinate closely with NRC’s program teams to structure, fact-check and follow-up on field research.
4-Develop and maintain a secure information management system for all field research.
5-Produce evidence-based online content for NRC’s website and other media, including news releases, features, reports, and social media posts, putting a human face on complex issues
6-Create high-value informative content and resources for internal and external use
7-Develop key messaging and talking points for advocacy initiatives.
8-Maintain consistent editorial standards, including consistent style and voice across multiple platforms and types of content.
9-Develop effective and strategic dissemination of advocacy and communications products.
10-Build and maintain traditional and new media relationships to increase NRC’s content exposure.
11-Support strategic outreach to media, including drafting op-eds, and other media tools to raise awareness about country office advocacy areas and urgent situations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Technical specific knowledge of the humanitarian and human rights sectors
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Native-level English, both written and verbal, fluency Arabic and/or Hebrew a plus.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience :
- An advanced degree in journalism, law, social sciences, or related studies.
- At least 5 years of experience working on evidence-based content, focusing on accountability for violations and ensuring Palestinian rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
- Exceptional critical thinking, thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles.
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in the oPt, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Superb research and writing skills, and ability to distil technical and complex legal IHL norms into accessible rights and wrongs using rights-based messages that can be turned into clear calls to action.
- Experience converting primary, internal documents into compelling public- or donor-materials
- Basic photography skills, multimedia production and visual design (i.e. ability to create infographics/memes) a plus.
- Established network of journalists, writers and social media influencers with a focus on the Middle East.
- Strong critical analysis, interpersonal and deadline management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with People
- Communicating with Impact and Respect
- Coping with change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Initiating action and change
Duty station: Jerusalem
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة