Terms of Reference
FCDO Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPTs) Trade Facilitation and Customs Support (Tasdeer) Programme
Part-Time Communications Lead
The Project: FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support (Tasdeer; Tasdeer)
The FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support programme (Tasdeer; Tasdeer) is a £15m programme financed by FCDO and operational from 2020 – 2023. The objective of the Tasdeer is to improve the trade performance and customs capabilities in the OPTs. It will ultimately contribute to increased inclusive private sector-led economic growth and fiscal sustainability in the OPTs. The programme is designed to be flexible and adaptable, and it will work politically and technically to make progress across the four keys interrelated workstreams.
- Workstream 1: Support to expedite the movement of goods and reduce transaction costs
- Workstream 2: Support to improve Palestinian trade-related institutions and business enabling environment
- Workstream 3: Support to improve the private sector’s skills and innovation to export and create jobs
- Workstream 4: Support to improve PA’s customs readiness to assume functions from Israel and revenues from trade-related taxes
The programme is implemented by a Cowater-led consortium on behalf of FCDO. A Steering Committee (including representatives from FCDO, the Ministry of National Economy and other donors) will approve interventions identified and designed by the supplier. Supplier interventions will be reviewed, and quality assured by a Strategic Advisory Panel comprised of experts from the core consortium members across the four workstreams. The Steering Committee will also monitor results and provide policy oversight throughout the programme lifetime.
Job Purpose: Communications Lead
The Communications Lead will take responsibility for designing and implementing communications activities within the Tasdeer programme. This will include strategic communications to support effective implementation of our interventions, as well as learning activities such as case studies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of the project Communications Strategy. Propose new activities to grow stakeholder understanding of Tasdeer’s work.
- Work with Workstream Leads and Team Leaders to design and implement strategic communications in support of interventions and encourage uptake, choosing the best media channel to reach the target audience.
- Assist in the development of informative communications tools for project interventions for public dissemination (e.g., targeted communications for the private sector under Workstream 3, or radio spots to support uptake of our intervention outputs).
- In coordination with the Team Leader, liaise and engage with media outlets to support Tasdeer’s work. Manage any subcontracted communications resources and/or services as required.
- Manage any required social media channels, collecting reportable data on readership and reach.
- Manage the development of Tasdeer’s programme website and be responsible for updating/maintaining it.
- Maintain and update Tasdeer’s branding templates, ensuring compliance with FCDO rules and standardization of programme deliverables.
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Develop success stories, press releases, case studies, targeted communications pieces based on programme key messages, and other communication tools to promote the programme and its achievements and the lessons learnt from KMEL.
- Support the team in reporting as needed
Reporting Lines and Managerial Responsibilities
- This role reports to the Knowledge Management, Evaluation, and Learning Director.
This role will be part-time (~50% level of effort) for the duration of the project.
This position will be based in Ramallah. Project-related travel within Palestine is expected according to project need.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Expertise and Competencies:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, development studies, political science, business administration or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in communication, programme development, reporting and programme implementation
- Very good understanding of the basics of economic development and development theory.
- Strong analytical, verbal and writing skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to produce accurate and concise drafts at pace
- Strong team player with ability to adapt to different work styles within the team.
Please submit a one-page CV and one-page cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this role, based on your work experience to [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of applications is May 5th, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.