Al-Shabaka, The Palestinian Policy Network, is an independent, non-partisan, and non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and foster public debate on Palestinian human rights and self-determination within the framework of international law. Al-Shabaka, which means "The Network," is a think tank without borders or walls that aims to:
- Draw upon the vast knowledge and experience of the Palestinian people, whether under occupation, in exile, or in Israel, so as to engage the broadest spectrum of perspectives in debate on policy and strategy.
- Communicate ideas and strategies on resolving the Palestinian-Israeli conflict to Palestinian communities as well as to Arab and other policy communities and interested parties worldwide.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Al-Shabaka seeks a part-time Communications Assistant to run and expand the organization’s Facebook page and Twitter feed in both English and Arabic, aid in editing and pitching English language op-eds penned by Al-Shabaka analysts, and help with other tasks as needed, including setting up and running a podcast.
Location: Flexible (remote)
Hours: 10 hours/week
- Post on Al-Shabaka’s Twitter feed and Facebook page daily in English and Arabic
- Research and implement social media strategies for a wider and more engaged audience
- Commission and edit two English op-eds a month and undertake outreach for them
- Explore opening and running additional social media accounts
- Help with other media and communications tasks as needed, such as occasional memos to a media list and a podcast
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Assistant position.” Deadline to apply: January 20, 2020.