Job Title: Communication Specialist Short Term Agreement
Duration: 3.5 Months
Location: West Bank OR Gaza
Starting Date: As Soon as Possible
BACKGROUND & OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
CARE International seeks a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. In Palestine, CARE is recognized for its commitment to the humanitarian protection and action, women, and youth economic empowerment, with a focus on gender transformative programming, to ensure that rights are secured, and human potential fulfilled for all.
CARE International in Palestine is currently in search of a highly qualified and experienced Communications Specialist who will play a pivotal role in Country Office (CO) development.
The Communications Specialist will work in close collaboration with Country Director (CD), Senior Management, Program teams, as well as the media, to increase CARE Palestine’s visibility in the media and to develop engaging, creative content for various platforms and in partnership with target media to raise the profile of CARE Palestine and its programs. ensuring successful CARE Palestine communication strategy implementation (as a second phase and building on successful development of the communication strategy). The Communications Specialist will also maintain a dotted line working relationship with the Regional Communications Specialist, and CARE Austria Communication Specialist.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct communications needs assessments for elaboration of the CO communications and outreach strategy under the guidance of the regional communications Specialist,
- Drafting/editing of communications and outreach strategy based on corporate communications strategy and in strong support of resource mobilization efforts to accompany launch of new CO strategy in the future,
- Assisting in the preparation of CO communication material including presentations, briefing material for dissemination to different audiences as need be in coordination with CD and MEAL Specialist. These include, for instance, donor communications, impact and success stories, infographics highlighting impact and reach, synthesis of CO strategy documents, drafting factsheets, development of projects brochures, etc.,
- Integrate communication plans or proposed communications approach into select project proposals.
- Identification and development of storylines for publications and substantive articles contributing to CARE Palestine roundtable discussions in connection to priority thematic areas,
- Coordination and management of all CO events, publications, and online activities, produce high-quality content, including articles, press releases. Additionally, manage content across various platforms, establish photography guidelines, handle video production, oversee publishing processes, collaborate with printers and other suppliers to ensure efficient production, and supervise the dissemination of publications.,
- Support in developing and implementing all CARE project`s communication plans.
- Supervise the design of all visibility materials and maintenance of the CO web-based presence (externally and internally at CARE digital platforms).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or a related field. Master's degree is an advantage.
- Proven experience (at least 3-5 years) in developing storytelling content, case studies, infographics, and short video clips for fundraising purposes.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to craft impactful narratives that inspire action and support.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the team and CARE partners.
- Proficiency in using data visualization and digital communication tools, graphic design and multimedia software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles and strategies in the humanitarian and development sector.
- Familiarity with gender equality and social inclusion principles and their integration into communication materials is desirable.
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic languages, with the ability to produce content in both languages.
Interested candidates/applicants shall apply and submit their CVs/Resumes with 3 references, in addition to cover letter (not less than 600 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal work experience meet this Short-Term Agreement requirements) in PDF form, along with sample documents or records of similar assignments, via email [email protected] . For more detailed information about The Communication Specialist Short Term Agreement, please refer to the ToR.
Deadline for applying for this post is 2:00 PM, Tuesday October 3, 2023.
For inquiries or questions, please communicate with us via phone: 08-2820450/60
If you have related experience and interested please CLICK HERE to check the tender document