Within the Project: Fostering socio-economic empowerment and protection of vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem – Phase II, co-funded by the European Union
Burj Al Luqluq Social Center Society (BALL) is a Palestinian NGO established in 1991 and registered in 2009. BALL is located within the old city of Jerusalem, and works on translating funds into programs and projects by providing quality, efficient and effective services aimed to enhance the economic, cultural and social level for the local community in old city of Jerusalem (with a focus on Youth and Women) in response to their needs.
Vacancy: Communication Officer
Duty station: Jerusalem Old City
Full Time Position
Estimated starting date: January 2019
Burj Al luqluq is looking for a motivated Communication Officer to work collaboratively with the project staff and counterparts. The Communication Officer will lead the planning and implementation of communication, public awareness, and media/public relations activities. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communication sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal skills in both Arabic and English languages.
The person in this position works under the supervision of BALL Executive Manager and in close cooperation with BALL Advocacy and Fundraising depts staff.
He/she will maintain regular coordination with the Project’ Coordinator from BALL and the Project’ Coordinator from CISP (International Committee per Peoples Development, an international NGO that is partner in the Project).
- Together with BALL Executive Manager, prepare a clear and comprehensive yearly plan for BALL communication needs - including foreseen tools and tasks - and define the related workload, deadlines and priorities.
- Revise and update the Project’ communication and visibility plan for the upcoming 2 years. Ensuring effective and timely Project’ communication and visibility throughout the year, in coordination with is a priority.
- Support the Executive Manager in developing effective communication messages and means for delivering them.
- Ensure that communication activities promote an accurate image of the organization and its programs amongst media and other targeted audience.
- Contribute in ensuring that all external communications are coordinated in terms of delivery and have a common branding and style. Assist in the development of relevant templates (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) to facilitate this.
- Oversee press engagement, support in maintaining a media database and media monitoring reports as needed.
- Support the coordination and implementation of media campaigns.
- Update the contents on BALL’ social medias and website on regular basis.
- Prepare and edit press releases, briefing notes, backgrounders, media talking points, brochures, factsheets, promotional videos, photographs, multimedia material, etc., according to the communication plan.
- Oversee the production of BALL Annual Reports.
- Oversee the production of BALL monthly newsletter, collecting and editing the necessary information from BALL staff involved in the coordination and implementation of activities.
- Update relevant contacts database.
- Assist in the translation of news articles, invitations or other communication documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Coach spokespeople for press briefings, interviews and other communications activities. Act as a spokesperson for Burj Al-Luqluq, for example at partner events, according to the plan.
Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in communications, international relations, public relations, or similar.
- Demonstrated at least 3 years of relevant work experience in similar positions, with sound understanding of working with international development issues and with NGOs or INGOs. Past working experience in Jerusalem East and or in the Occupied Palestinian Territories is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience in implementing communications strategies.
- Exceptional proven writing, editing and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate accounting concepts and principles to people with limited accounting knowledge.
- Excellent social skills and ability to work as part of a team, adopt a consensus-based approach and work effectively through others.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Flexibility, availability to perform other duties. Availability to work in security volatile context.
- Knowledge of Burj Al-luqLuq policies, procedure, and systems.
- Postgraduate degree qualifications and/or extensive experience in a related discipline in development cooperation.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
or send your CV to: [email protected]