The A.M. Qattan Foundation is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of Communication Officer to work in its offices in Ramallah. Following is the description of this position:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Job Type: Full time
Line of Responsibility: Director of Communication and Public Relations
Work Location: Ramallah
Identify and initiate communication opportunities that help maintain the foundation profile and visibility.
The officer will work in a collaborative team environment and will work closely with team members across the Foundation programmes in relation to communication activities, with a particular focus on media and all communication channels. As well as website content updates and follow-up.
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of communication materials
- Write Arabic and English communication materials including press releases, success stories, bi-monthly newsletters,
- Provide accurate and timely translation of communication materials including newsletters, press releases, success stories and web updates.
- Work closely with relevant staff across programmes to collect information and produce prober communication materials. Ensure all communication materials are compliant with the approved branding manual.
- Strengthen the Foundation’s visibility
- Promote the Foundation’s events and activities, and increase access to audience.
- Coordinate with external media to ensure constant and timely coverage of the Foundation’s events and activities and maintain media coverage archive
- Regularly disseminate communication materials and updates to relevant stakeholder using various tools and communication channels.
- Maintain and update the monthly and annual calendar of all events and activities.
- Attend the Foundation’s events and activities and interact with all stakeholder to create various communication opportunities.
- Manage website and social media
- Work with IT Unit to ensure ongoing maintenance and improvement of the website.
- Regularly monitor website content and status for inconsistencies and update it.
- Manage social media pages and develop tools, strategies of publications, and ensure high level reach and audience engagement.
- Plan and report on website visitors, social media followers, and public engagement.
- Information distribution lists
- Build, update and manage comprehensive contact databases, including those for media, partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collect information, and where necessary conduct and coordinate surveys on stakeholders’ feedback and engagement.
- Administrative tasks
- Follow up admin tasks of outsourced services including translation, in relation to the scope of work.
- Make sure that all work-related records and materials are tracked, filed and archived in an easily accessible, safe and well classified form both electronically and where needed in hard copies.
- Any other work-related tasks as assigned by the Director of Communications and PR.
- Bachelor’s degree in media, communication, public relations or any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in relevant field
- Outstanding, trackable writing and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge in social media and website management.
- Proven ability to master new technologies and advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Photography and graphic design will be an asset.
Interested individuals should submit the application coupled with their CV and letter of interest online through Apply Now-button below.
Deadline for submitting applications is Sunday 04/11/2018. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews.