Secours Islamique France
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip (GS) Mission in the Palestinian Territory (PT) was established in 2008, and since then has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF GS is a member of the Food Security, including Agriculture, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs cluster since many years and play an active role in all cluster meetings. SIF GS also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations in the GS and local NGOs to assess, share information and coordinate project implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Communication Manager is, under the Head of Mission supervision, responsible for all communication work aspects’, and s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:-
- Develops, delivers, and implements high-quality communications and media strategy, in consultation with technical and operational SIF staff.
- Develops annual communication implementation plans.
- Contributes to quarterly and annual reporting on the projects, as needed in full coordination with the HoM and Programs Manager.
- Works with teams to ensure quality and appropriate content and provide review of all communication material (audio-visual and print) raising material produced and distributed by SIF.
- Coordinates closely work on the edutainment activities of the project with the projects Managers, project partners, consultants and a Production/Photographing/Filming Companies.
- Identifies and documents lessons learned; collects information for case studies from the field; writes and prepares success stories, facilitates periodic reviews, prepares presentation for the achievements.
- Translates the success stories, documents and official letters when needed.
- Reviews and approves all projects and office visibility materials destined for an external audience, both for program/projects and administrative purposes, to ensure compliance with SIF and its values and requirements.
- Captures and shares photo documentation for all key activities.
- Supports efforts in projects planning, budgeting, and administrative issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in journalism, human rights. development or a related field and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of proven field experience in relevant field.
- Experience of producing high quality written and audio-visual materials,
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of -nowledge & development of all staff.
- Experience and good knowledge in working with local partner agencies.
- Excellent communication & reporting skills in written and spoken English & Arabic; French is plus.
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently.
- Ability to think creatively and knowledge of international law and human rights issues
- Assessment, analytical, planning skills, diplomacy, tact, negotiating skills, and personnel management skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel)
Flexible, initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: based in Gaza Strip Palestine
- Duration: 1 year.
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Communication Manager : (Ref #: 2017/06/ CM)
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & letter of motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above) and two professional references for their last two employers not later than 02:00 p.m. on 28th November, 2017 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected.
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer.