Position Title: Communication for Development Officer
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Child protection officer
Duration: 6 months
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “Integrated psychosocial support and child protection services for the most affected boys and girls in Gaza, especially those impacted by COVID-19 and its repercussions on families in Gaza”. The project aims to provide child protection services and improve the role of the community in child protection.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified Communication for Development Officer to work in its office in Gaza and to implement the Design and innovate on C4D/ behavior change approaches and interventions informed by evidence generated from locality-based assessments.
The Communication for Development Officer will work under the direct supervision of the child protection officer
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with UNICEF the Communication for Development Officer provides technical assistance in and contributes to the development, management and facilitation of the implementation of communication strategy and plans through: (a) behaviour development/change at individual/household levels; (b) social mobilization of civil society organizations; and (c) increased community participation in development programmes for positive social change.
- Makes viable recommendations on operational strategies, approach, plans, methods and procedures in the areas of participatory communication, social mobilization and behaviour change and on appropriate materials and media to reach target audiences.
- Provides technical support and assistance in the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials and behaviour change activities.
- Develops and enhances strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society for promotion of participation in social and behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
- Develops training materials and activities to build capacity for participatory and behaviour change communication.
- Monitor and evaluate programme activities and prepare monitoring and evaluation reports. Exchange findings, experiences, lessons learned and new methods with partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and competencies
- University degree in the social/ behavioural sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Minimum one year of relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of social development programmes, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Experience in community led initiatives
- Experience in stakeholders mapping and society problems analyses
- Experience in advocacy and lobbying
- Working knowledge of English required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
Fill in the required information in the following link: forms.gle/CFBvEBG4eHSjUw1j7
Attach employment application in within the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until 18 August 2021 at 2:00pm.
For More Information, please contact us at: Tel: +97 08 2823712, +97 08 2837033