- The NGO Development Center (NDC)
The NGO Development Center (NDC) is an innovative Palestinian non-profit organization that empowers Palestinian NGOs to better provide vital services to Palestinians living in the West Bank and Gaza, especially the poor and marginalized. Conceived in partnership with leading Palestinian NGOs, unions and networks, NDC mobilizes donor funding to deliver a unique combination of direct grants and capacity building programs that enhance the effectiveness, self-reliance, and sustainability of Palestinian NGOs. NDC advocates greater NGO and CBO transparency and accountability through the adoption of professional financial and management practices, and promotes sector-wide coordination and sharing of best practice experiences within its programs and on its Masader Portal.
NDC works on three tracks: grant-making, sector development and capacity building. NDC’s vision is focused on reaching an effective NGO sector contributing to building Palestinian civil society by empowering NGOs to provide quality services that are responsive to the priorities of the Palestinian society and helping the NGO sector to be more efficient and capable to influence the formulation of national policies and plans.
- Gaza Emergency Cash for Work and Self-Employment Support
Project Development Objective (PDO)
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to provide target youth in Gaza with short-term income support and increased access to internet-enabled self-employment opportunities.
The two main components of the Project are:
Component 1: Cash for Work (C4W)
This first component financed C4W opportunities for target youth in services provided by NGOs across the Gaza Strip, providing them with a temporary safety net and also relevant work experience and hope. Services included support to economic livelihoods (e.g. enhancements to agricultural and fishing activities) and social services (e.g. health, education, support to disabled and elderly and psychosocial support).
Component 2: Internet-enabled self-employment (e-work)
The second component of the Project financed support for target youth to access internet-enabled self-employment opportunities (e-work), aiming at generating sustainable employment.
The type of e-work supported by the project includes graphic design, media production, content development, website design, animations, e-marketing, and translation).
Both C4W and e-work opportunities were designed to appeal to both lower-skill and higher-skill youth. The direct beneficiaries of the project are youth who are between the ages of 18 to 34 and unemployed (for at least 1 year in the case of C4W). The C4W component is expected to benefit about 4,400 youth, while the e-work component is expected to benefit about 750 young people. Only one beneficiary (of C4W or e-work support) per household will be allowed. At least 50 percent of Project beneficiaries will be women.
Indirect project beneficiaries will include:
- Household members in households where youth benefit from C4W opportunities.
- Vulnerable people directly benefiting from the services provided under C4W projects (e.g. disabled, elderly, children, women)
Objective of the assignment
NDC is seeking the services of a Communications Consultant in Gaza to provide support in the documentation of the C4W and e-work sub-projects activities through capturing high quality photos and videos, helping partner NGOs in writing success stories in English and Arabic, and any other promotional and visibility material as needed by NDC.
The Communication Consultant will work in close coordination with Gaza Programs Manager and the Program Officers and coordinates his work with the Media Coordinator at the NDC main office.
Scope of Work
The consultant is required to fulfill the following scope of work:
- Identify with the Program Officers cases for building success stories;
- Participate occasionally in field visits to identify cases for documentation
- Assist partner NGOs in writing good success stories in English and Arabic;
- Write success stories both in Arabic and English
- Take high-quality photos of ongoing projects and file them in NDC photo library;
- Write periodic short updates on the success of the project in reaching out to target youth and providing social services;
- Participate in visibility events, visits, ceremonies and document such events;
- Coordinate with local and Arabic radio/TV channels for media coverage of the project/sub-projects;
- Capture high-quality video footage/interviews to be used in the production of documentary films.
Level of Effort & Timeframe
The expected level of effort until December 31, 2020 is up to 75 working days. The Consultant will coordinate his work plan closely with the Gaza Programs Manager.
NDC will sign a time-based contract with the Consultant. Payments will be made based on a payment request submitted by the Consultant and supported by timesheets.
The duration of this contract extends from the date of signature until December 31, 2020, with a possibility of extension upon the consent of both parties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The consultant should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Social Science, Media, English or any other related fields.
- 5 years of solid experience in the field.
- Proven experience in writing success stories both in Arabic and English.
- Proven experience in capturing high-quality photos and producing short films.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a CV and one-page letter explaining why the applicant is fit for the position to [email protected] no later than Sunday 16/2/2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.