The purpose of the Communication Adviser to develop and implement a comprehensive evidence-based communication strategy with the goal of engaging private and public audiences on NRC’s key advocacy issue areas, including crafting messaging and talking points and developing relationships with journalists to ensure coverage of NRC programming and advocacy areas when strategic and relevant.
What you will do
- Identify patterns and trends to raise awareness of international human rights law and international humanitarian law violations in the occupied Palestinian territory.
- Highlight key incidents during escalations or emergencies for rapid advocacy and communication intervention.
- Promote the rights of refugees and internal displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate NRC’s communication response to prioritize protection issues both within the country and internationally.
- Ensure advocacy initiatives and messaging are evidence-based, conducted in close coordination with programmes, and integrated throughout all of NRC’s work.
- Support writing and strategic distribution of evidenced-based and public-facing advocacy products.
- Engage actively with NRC regional and global communications, media and advocacy teams to develop, coordinate and generate communications, media and advocacy products.
- Strengthen strategic advocacy networks and identify opportunities to advocate NRC’s position.
- Representing NRC to partners and the public, including with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, national authorities and the media.
- Comply with NRC policies, guidance and procedures
Specifically you will;
- Develop and implement an evidence-based communication strategy with editorial priorities and calendar.
- Utilize evidence-based advocacy and strategic communication to influence the U.S. public's understanding of the situation of Palestinians living under Israeli military occupation in the oPt, with a focus on serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Develop features that put a human face on complex issues, ensuring strong evidence-base in messaging and following agreed sign-off procedures.
- Create digitally native content such as infographics, videos, interactive experiences, data visualization, and photo essays.
- Stay abreast of emerging digital storytelling approaches and trends.
- Develop key messaging and talking points for advocacy initiatives.
- Edit and proofread advocacy and communication content.
- Maintain consistent editorial standards, including consistent style and voice across multiple platforms and types of content.
- Develop communication-related guidelines, templates, and tools.
- Develop effective and strategic dissemination of advocacy and communication products.
- Engage actively with NRC regional and global communication teams to develop, coordinate, and generate communications products.
- Support strategic outreach to media, including drafting op-eds, and other media tools to raise awareness about country office advocacy areas and urgent situations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- An advanced degree in journalism, law, social sciences, or related studies.
- At least 5 years of experience working on evidence-based content, focusing on accountability for violations and ensuring Palestinian rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
- Superb research and writing skills, and ability to distil technical and complex legal International Humanitarian Law norms into accessible rights and wrongs using rights-based messages that can be turned into clear calls to action.
- Exceptional critical thinking, thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles.
- Experience developing compelling and accurate story-driven content with demonstrated ability to conceptualize and produce visual content such as infographics, photo essays, and videos.
- Experience converting primary, internal documents into compelling public- or donor-materials
- Exceptional English editing and proofreading skills and keen attention to detail.
- Documented technical competences and results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, multi-task, set priorities and meet required deadlines. Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Native-level English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Technical specific knowledge of the humanitarian and human rights sectors
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in the oPt, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Experience living in the Occupied Palestinian territory(OPT).
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Initiating action and change
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Duration of contract: 12 months, full-time, in accordance with local labour laws.
Grade 8 in NRC's grading structure
Travel: Advocacy missions to targeted capitals
Reporting line: Advocacy Manager
This position is open to both National & International candidates.
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. For further details you can view a copy of the full JD here.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة