The purpose of the Communication Adviser to develop and implement a comprehensive evidence-based communication strategy with the goal of engaging private and public audiences on NRC’s key advocacy issue areas, including crafting messaging and talking points and developing relationships with journalists to ensure coverage of NRC programming and advocacy areas when strategic and relevant.
- Identify patterns and trends to raise awareness of international human rights law and international humanitarian law violations in the occupied Palestinian territory.
- Highlight key incidents during escalations or emergencies for rapid advocacy and communication intervention.
- Promote the rights of refugees and internal displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate NRC’s communication response to prioritize protection issues both within the country and internationally.
- Ensure advocacy initiatives and messaging are evidence-based, conducted in close coordination with programmes, and integrated throughout all of NRC’s work.
- Support writing and strategic distribution of evidenced-based and public-facing advocacy products.
- Engage actively with NRC regional and global communications, media and advocacy teams to develop, coordinate and generate communications, media and advocacy products.
- Strengthen strategic advocacy networks and identify opportunities to advocate NRC’s position.
- Representing NRC to partners and the public, including with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, national authorities and the media.
- Comply with NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop and implement an evidence-based communication strategy with editorial priorities and calendar.
- Utilize evidence-based advocacy and strategic communication to influence the U.S. public's understanding of the situation of Palestinians living under Israeli military occupation in the oPt, with a focus on serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Develop features that put a human face on complex issues, ensuring strong evidence-base in messaging and following agreed sign-off procedures.
- Create digitally native content such as infographics, videos, interactive experiences, data visualization, and photo essays.
- Stay abreast of emerging digital storytelling approaches and trends.
- Develop key messaging and talking points for advocacy initiatives.
- Edit and proofread advocacy and communication content.
- Maintain consistent editorial standards, including consistent style and voice across multiple platforms and types of content.
- Develop communication-related guidelines, templates, and tools.
- Develop effective and strategic dissemination of advocacy and communication products.
- Engage actively with NRC regional and global communication teams to develop, coordinate, and generate communications products.
- Support strategic outreach to media, including drafting op-eds, and other media tools to raise awareness about country office advocacy areas and urgent situations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Technical specific knowledge of the humanitarian and human rights sectors
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Native-level English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- An advanced degree in journalism, law, social sciences, or related studies.
- At least 5 years of experience working on evidence-based content, focusing on accountability for violations and ensuring Palestinian rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
- Exceptional critical thinking, thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles.
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in the oPt, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Superb research and writing skills, and ability to distil technical and complex legal IHL norms into accessible rights and wrongs using rights-based messages that can be turned into clear calls to action.
- Experience developing compelling and accurate story-driven content
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and produce visual content such as infographics, photo essays, and videos.
- Experience converting primary, internal documents into compelling public- or donor-materials
- Exceptional English editing and proofreading skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, multi-task, set priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience living in the oPt.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة