The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Gaza:
1 CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST (CONSULTANT)
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
In Gaza, MSF is running a project to address medical and psychosocial needs of patients victims of burns and/or trauma injuries.
As part of health care coverage, MSF would like to offer direct psychological support to its employees working in Gaza.
Provide psychological support to MSF employees through individual and collective sessions on sites, according to needs.
Regular Psychological support:
- Individual sessions and follow up
- Follow up through phone if needed
- Assess the need of collective stress management sessions to encourage the use of self-care technics
- Refer to external specialist if need for psychiatric treatment
- Submit reports every six months on main subjects tackled (in respect of confidentiality) to Medical Coordinator and Mental Health Coordinator and the PSCU.
Punctual intervention in emergency:
Provide post critical event support in emergency (if available) to employees involved.
Alert field management in respect of confidentiality:
- Employee in danger: Project Referent in charge of staff health
- Beneficiaries in danger: Project Referent and Medical Team Leader
- Organizational issues to be addressed: Medical Team Leader/Project Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CONDITIONS
- Degree in Clinical Psychology/Psychiatry
- Must possess a valid registration with Recognized Licensing Body in as clinical psychologist/psychiatrist
- 3 years of experience as a clinical therapist
- Experience in conducting groups
- Experience in psycho-trauma and in post- traumatic event support would be an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Flexibility and availability to discuss over the phone any emotional emergency
WORK LOCATION AND FREQUENCY
Gaza, all MSF-F medical facilities
One week every 2 months.
Possibly additionally on request.
Consultancy, package fees.
Transportation and accommodation provided by MSF
Submit your application online through apply now below - on July 25 maximum.
Only successful applicants will be called.
Note: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.