Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter, and WASH.
The purpose of the Cleaner position is to ensure that all Gaza offices and guest residences including their related items and equipment are kept in a hygienic and tidy standard.
- Perform cleaning functions as required: cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing and cleaning of designated areas to the required standard.
- Emptying litterbins, etc., and removing waste to designated areas.
- Cleaning washrooms to the required standard.
- Always ensure stock of sanitary items in the designated areas.
- Cleaning of working surfaces and other furniture as directed, including kitchens and kitchen equipment.
- Clearing up after workshops and meetings.
- Follow up and inform of the needed refreshments and cleaning supplies for designated area, including guesthouse.
- Wash and clean windows and the furniture in designated areas.
- Wash and ironing bedding etc... In the guesthouse.
- Water plants.
- Check regularly the water tanks and other serviceable items and report any problems to the logistic officer.
- Report any irregularity in functioning of the kitchen or the guesthouse house to the logistic officer.
- Make drinks, serve and prepare refreshments to visitors.
- Ensuring safety reporting of NRC’s entities furniture, and supplies.
- As required assist with cleaning and attendant duties at NRC external venues. N/A
- Responsible for opening the main NRC office 30 min before the start of official hours.
- Related duties assigned by management (Supervisor).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Secondary School
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crises.
Contract duration: 12 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza strip residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
Contact person: Reham Khalaf, [email protected]
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below