Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS supports more than 100 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents based on need regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 supporting emergency, recovery, and development programs with activities in the sectors of: food security, shelter, psychosocial support, agricultural and urban livelihoods, youth and women’s empowerment, and health. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is implementing a $5M, 6-month program funded by USAID to help mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in the West Bank. The program has two key components: 1) supporting public and charitable health facilities to effectively respond to COVID-19; and 2) supporting vulnerable households to practice safe behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19. CRS is working in close coordination with the Palestinian Ministry of Health and the Health Cluster on the response.
The project envisages supporting the Ministry of Health (MoH) health care facilities with improvements to their facilities to respond to COVID-19. A local tender will be released for this procurement. For the specific purpose of this consultancy, CRS is seeking the services of a qualified consultant engineer to assist CRS’ team in the analysis of civil engineering offers.
Specific Tasks Required:
- Review, revise, and finalize Bill of Quantities (BOQs) provided by the Ministry of Health for facility improvements ensuring they are realistic and ready for tender.
- Develop Autocad drawings for BOQs, as needed.
- Review the technical aspects of the offers received and advise on whether bids meet the specifications and conditions of CRS’ Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Support CRS’ team in analyzing bids from a technical perspective.
- Provide responses to questions or clarifications raised by CRS’ procurement team and/or procurement committee.
- As requested, engage with vendors and/or Ministry of Health civil engineers to explain, defend, or reconcile technical review comments.
- Help compile technical information related to the technical offers, as needed.
- Help inspect and receive the installation of civil work.
- Technical analysis of bids in format agreed-upon with CRS
- Compiled technical data, as requested.
- Responses on clarifications sought by CRS team within 48 hours
- Periodic meetings (in-person or remotely/by phone) with suppliers or MoH representatives, as requested.
Location of the Work:
The work will primarily be done from home but may include meetings with MoH representatives or CRS staff in Ramallah.
This consultancy is expected to require approximately 1-4 hours per day on an “as-requested” basis for a maximum of days 15 days between 20 July – 30 September 2020.
The Consultant will report directly to the COVID-19 Emergency Coordinator on all aspects related to this consultancy.
The consultancy rate shall be proposed by the engineer per working day (where a working day is 8 hours) paid after the end of the consultancy according to the total days worked per aggregated working hours.
- CRS has the right to request illustrations or modifications/negotiations after awarding decision.
- CRS is NOT committed to the least price offer and has the right to cancel or re-advertise this TOR without explicating the reasons.
- CRS may select more than one consultant(s) to complete the full scope of this ToR. If this is the case, the components for which each individual / firm is responsible will be made clear in each respective contract.
Tentative Dates: *
- Submission deadline: 21 July 2020, 4:00 pm
- Selection decision: 22 July 2020
*Final dates are subject to change based on Consultant selection and start date of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Consultant:
- Certificate in civil engineering or related field
- At least five years of experience in civil engineering specifically for health care facilities, i.e. extensive experience in specifications and installations that are adjusted to the medical context, ideally for the Ministry of Health or other NGO hospitals.
- Experience with the local market including vendors, local products, and service providers.
- Experience with procurement regulations of USAID is preferred.
How to Apply: Interested applicants with relevant experience and qualifications are encouraged to submit an application as follows:
- Application form and complete Terms of Reference is available at (http://jobs.crsjwbg.org)
- Applications will be accepted from applicants specialized in civil engineering or related field with significant relevant experience; this may include individuals or consulting/training firms.
- Submit a technical application that includes at minimum:
Cover Letter summarizing:
- Relevant previous experience of the consultant with emphasis on previous work in government or non-government hospitals
- Period of availability and suggested duration/timing of engagement
- CV highlighting relevant experience
- Certificate in civil engineering or related field
- Sample of previously done piece of work in relevant topic
- CRS Consultancy Application Form (see template below)
- Submit a financial proposal. Prices should be in New Israeli Shekels and must be valid up till 90 days after the submission date. The financial proposal must identify the daily rate and the total cost and should respect the scope of work described and maximum limit mentioned in this TOR.
- Please submit your complete application online at: (http://jobs.crsjwbg.org) no later than 21 July 2020 @ 4:00PM.
- The successful bidder will sign all donor required documents.
- CRS reserves the right to reject all bids, and to decide not to pursue this procurement.
- CRS is not obliged to procure the lowest priced offer, when the lowest price does not offer the best overall value and all other factors considered.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer, where qualified women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.