Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Reports To: Chief of Party
Location: Jerusalem or the West Bank
This position is dependent upon funding as well as the donor’s approval of the proposed Deputy Chief of Party.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is seeking applicants for the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) position for an anticipated program to strengthen the capacity of local civil society organizations in the West Bank.
The DCoP will provide oversight of a key functions of a large capacity strengthening project serving the poor and vulnerable. The DCoP’s management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming. Under the guidance of the CoP, the DCoP will lead project operations and effective field coordination. The DCoP will engage with civil society partners and project stakeholders. Deputy Chief of Party must be capable of fulfilling the role of the Chief of Party in the COP’s absence.
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Contribute to the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage a key aspect of the development, implementation and consolidation of the civil society strengthening project. Serve as a point of contact on area of responsibility to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders, when needed.
- Manage key functions of the project to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination between program and operations leads. Contribute to ensuring the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Help ensure compliance with USAID grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID.
- Ensure the ‘CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics’ is communicated to relevant communities using ongoing, age-appropriate, contextualized verbal and/or written information shared in local language. Ensure that beneficiaries understand expected conduct of staff and how to safely report any concerns. Ensure that feedback from beneficiaries is handled and responded to appropriately.
- Maintain relationships with key staff of consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and recommend trainings and technical assistance.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree and work experience of 7 years
- Significant relevant experience in project management and supervising staff, preferably as an operations manager for projects in developing and/or transition countries
- Substantial experience working on democracy support, civil society, media or other topics relevant to democratic development
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written).
Required Languages - Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel - Travel in Jerusalem and the West Bank required regularly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Substantial experience with successful business development activities capturing significant public and private donor funding, including serving as a proposal coordinator.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Demonstrated staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisory: Program team for capacity strengthening project
Internal: Country Program staff, including Head of Programs, Country Representative, Head of Operations, finance and procurement teams, CRS regional and headquarters teams
External: Consortium partners and donor counterparts, participating civil society organizations, CSO/NGO networks, PA officials
DISCLAIMERS: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة