Job Title: Chief of Party
Reports To: Head of Programming
Location: Jerusalem or the West Bank
This position is dependent upon funding as well as the donor’s approval of the proposed Chief of Party.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is seeking applicants for the Chief of Party (CoP) position for an anticipated program to strengthen the capacity of local civil society organizations in the West Bank.
The Chief of Party will lead, manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of project objectives. As a senior leader you will proactively manage risk, providing technical and operational leadership across project implementation.
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the capacity building project, including sharing how the project contributes to the thought leadership of the industry. Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
- Ensure the project is designed and implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Ensure coordination between program and operations leads. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans, and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Ensure the ‘CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics’ is communicated to relevant communities using ongoing, age-appropriate, contextualized verbal and/or written information shared in local language. Ensure that beneficiaries understand expected conduct of staff and how to safely report any concerns. Ensure that feedback from beneficiaries is handled and responded to appropriately.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with USAID grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID. Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and CRS’ branding and marketing requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations, including organization of review/planning workshops. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Proven leadership qualities, excellent management skills and significant relevant experience in project management and staff supervision.
- A relevant degree and 10 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, conflict management, and budgeting.
- Substantial experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
- Substantial experience working on democracy support, civic participation, media or other topics relevant to democratic development.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written).
Required Languages - Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel - Travel in Jerusalem and West Bank required regularly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisory: Senior project team members
Internal: Country Program staff, including Country Representative, Head of Operations, finance and procurement teams, CRS regional and headquarters teams
External: USAID Mission staff, consortium partners, participating civil society organizations, CSO/NGO networks, PA officials
DISCLAIMERS: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة