BALL and CISP seeks applications for an experimented CERAMICS TRAINER for the 8 months to develop an intensive courses for beginning/intermediate levels. She/He will coordinate the TVET in ceramics. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of the needs of the students group, be able to work cooperatively with a group of female and male youth/ adults.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare lesson plans and select art and ceramics supplies according to BALL ceramics lab needs and budget.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to assess progress toward mastery. Also implement instructional plans for individual student improvement.
- Maintain an orderly TVET classroom conducive to creativity and learning. This includes organizational procedures for students, which is inclusive of individual portfolios as well (monitoring tools and students’ evaluation).
- Accompany the group of students on a path of graphic design and decoration under the supervision of the in charge ceramics teacher Advise on how to create a creative notebook. Accompany the group of students how to transform a graphic project in a decorative product according to the graved techniques. Teaching how to realize decorative models for dishes and other materials and how to decorate on different materials even recycled products. Realizing engobes.
- Share personal experience in designing and marketing.
- Collaborate with the ladies responsible of the business in participating local events in the productions of products.
- Make accommodations, as required, for students with disabilities.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Give and welcome feedback.
Educational, Experience and Competence:
- Bac degree in Art (ceramics) and or proven solid experience in ceramics.
- Demonstrated at least 3 years of relevant working experience in similar positions, with sound understanding of working with international development Past working experience in Jerusalem East and or in the Occupied Palestinian Territories is an asset.
- Very good written and verbal skills in English and in Arabic.
- Excellent understanding & experience of ceramics TVET
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate accounting concepts and principles to people with limited accounting knowledge.
- Excellent social skills and ability to work as part of a team, adopt a consensus based approach and work effectively through others.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Flexibility, availability to perform other duties. Availability to work in security volatile context.
Send your CV to: [email protected]