The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is planning to implement aims at Enhancing Gaza farmers’ livelihood resilience against water quality deterioration, and inaccessibility to water in different locations around Gaza. The project is expected to be funded by BMZ through Bread for the World. The project will be implemented in partnership with Diakonie Katasterophenhilfe.
PARC is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following:
position: CBDRM Assessment team leader
Location: Gaza City,
Period: 22 Months
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the activities related to the community-based disaster risk management (CBDRM) as part the above-mentioned projects. These activities include heave engagement with the Local Protection Committees in the targeted communities, leading a team of CBDRM mobilizers and conducting CBDRM planning and climate change impact mitigation assessments in those communities to compare to a baseline CBDRM planning assessment that was conducted in these communities two years ago.
- Specifically, the CBDRM Team leader is expected to:
- Provide leadership technical supervision, monitor and implement the CBDRM activities and interventions;
- Ensure all CBDRM activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to PARC’s and donor rules and regulations.
- Engage and facilitate the active participation of Community Protection Committees in the various components of the project.
- Lead the process of preparing and testing the emergency response and preparedness plans for the targeted communities with the CPCs.
- Lead the CBDRM planning and climate change adaptation assessment in the targeted communities including finalizing the assessment tools, training the CBDRM mobilizer, and leading the assessment activities assisted by the CBDRM Mobilizers. The CBDRM will be responsible for Analyze the data collected so far using the CBDRM Assessment approach including communities FGDs.
- Finalize the CBDRM/ climate impact mitigation plans with the Community Protection Committees and provide feedback to the communities including hazards maps, risk and climate change assessments and CBDRM/climate change mitigation plans.
- Develop a high quality CBDRM assessment and planning report in English and Arabic.
- Develop publishable brief reports on the CBDRM assessment and planning results.
- Follow up the publication development and dissemination of assessment’s results.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by PARC and donor in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Participate in the representation of PARC in workshops, conferences or seminars commissioned by Programs Manager.
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance.
- Resolve all challenges related to awareness interventions using community-based approach.
- Prepare activities reports on regular basis and share it with management for reviews and input.
- Support M&E activities in the field.
- Perform any other tasks related.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience and ability to work with and engage a wide range of people: children, youth, and adults.
- Strong research methodology knowledge and skills.
- Very Good and proven analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven and very strong reporting skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Having proven trainer and workshop facilitation skills is mandatory.
- Relevant university degree preferably a Master of Science degree in disaster risk management, Project Management; international development, engineering or any related field.
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in research/assessment development and implementation specially in the humanitarian aid sector, preferably using DRR, and Risk Assessment methodologies.
- Proven research skills including technical writing in English.
- Prior experience/knowledge working with the Disaster Risk Reduction approach.
- Prior emergency response experience and/or experience of emergency preparedness work/plans.
- Experience with communications and advocacy work a plus.
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Fluency in spoken and written English & Arabic.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by website: https://pal-arc.org/vacancies/ar to the attention of the HR Department no later than 12th December 2022 and include the job title (CBDRM Assessment team leader) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test.