Case Manger M/F Palestine
Médecins du Monde Switzerland is an International and independent Medical Organization founded in 1980, that provides humanitarian and development aid to those most in need. The organization observes the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid and is currently active in more than 65 countries. Médecins du monde Switzerland, created in 1993, has been working in the Palestinian Territories since 1994 prioritizing the provision of quality care in the field of mental health to people in need.
The Case Manager, under the direct hierarchical supervision of the Field Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Mental Health Adviser, is responsible to provide individuals & families, identified through MdM-CH projects’ activities, with names and contacts of organisations able to provide them with relevant support in a timely manner, and ensures first contact between all. To do so, the Case Manager activates and maintains a qualitative network with local and international actors involved in support provision.
The Gaza Project Case Manager cooperates with the Case Manager of local Partner of MdM-CH in West Bank.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or any relevant field.
- Fluent English & Arabic, French an asset
- Essential working experience in humanitarian response and at minimum five years in a relevant position.
- Excellent knowledge of Gaza network of Humanitarian & Development Aid actors and local sponsors.
- Experience of networking and participation to local and international coordination mechanisms
- Able to face challenges and to be innovative
- Strongly determined to bring ad hoc answers to people in needs
- Excellent relational skills
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Project management & development
- Collects existing mappings and directories of actors active in the Gaza strip (NGOs, official bodies, local sponsors, etc)
- Engages through direct contacts with actors of support, maintain up-to-date activities information and contacts details
- Actively participates to regular events and coordination bodies
- Liaises with MdM-CH Field Coordinator and Mental Health Advisor and SAWA WB Case Manager in order to identify individuals & families in needs of specific support
- Initiates first contact with individuals & families in needs by phone, proposes face-to-face meeting, assesses their needs
- Identifies potential actors of support for each case of individual or family in needs, check the current availability of response of these actors, liaises between people and the identified sources of support
- Supports the individual or family in need within the first contacts with potential actors of support
- Actively participates to team meeting, project design, implementation and monitoring & evaluation
- Liaises with the Advocacy Officer to voice out the unmet needs of Gaza people
- Provides the Field Coordinator with synthetic monthly report.
- Report on a regular basis to the field coordinator and write monthly reports.
- Support field teams to coordinate on the ground with all stakeholders and ensure that information passes both up and down the chain of command in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment
- Ability to manage priorities effectively.
- Ability to live and work in a difficult security context and willingness to accept and abide with the organization security protocols.
- The position is based in Gaza.
- Contract Duration: 6 months
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to: [email protected] titled “Case Manager” before 27/06/2020.