About the EJ-YMCA:
The East Jerusalem Young Men’s Christian Association (EJ-YMCA), is a Palestinian civil society organization, established in 1948, that is committed to empower the young people and their communities living in the conflicted areas of East Jerusalem and the West Bank, so they can make a better life based on social justice and peace. The EJ-YMCA believes in the power of youth, and seeks to unlock their potential by caring for the physical, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of their personal development, to become agents of positive change in their societies.
The EJ-YMCA is deeply rooted in the Palestinian society and runs a variety of programs based on local priorities in areas of: health, employment, rehabilitation, advocacy, youth participation, and women empowerment.
The EJ-YMCA is seeking to hire a Coordinator to lead the establishment of the Career Advancement Center in its premises in East Jerusalem. The Center aims to expand opportunities and build competencies for Palestinian Jerusalemite youth who struggle with the current Israeli system in achieving a fair economic position. The EJ-YMCA developed a model for vocational rehabilitation for youth that follows three interrelated steps; career counselling, vocational assessment, and skilling and employability, to enable youth to develop a vocational identity that would lead to success and satisfaction at the career level. The Center is planned to start operations by August 1st.
The Center is funded by the UNDP.
The contract will be signed for 12 months, with possible annual renewal.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To establish the Center’s work plan and oversee its daily operations.
- Manage administrative and technical staff, and ensure quality of their work.
- Organize professional training courses to advance careers of youth based on market demands.
- Maintain service standards at the Center.
- Develop promotional and marketing plans for Center services and increase youth participation.
- Manage public relations and carry fundraising efforts to maintain sustainability of the Center.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential experiences and competencies:
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field (business administration, development studies, etc…). Master degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of proven job experience in educational / vocational training centers, youth development, etc.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details, and ability to work independently when needed.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated, good leadership skills, and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages, including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Hebrew is an added value.
- Integrity and strong identification with EJ-YMCA core values.
Applicants must have a Jerusalem ID and a valid driving license.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae by email to [email protected] no later than 4th of July 2020 at 15:00. Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be called in for interviews.