Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
For a period of initial 12 months, with possibility of renewal
The Capital Logistician is responsible for all logistics activities in the Capital (procurement, fleet, storage, equipment’s, premises) and actively contributes to the security management (analysis and operational implementation).
In the current context, the Capital Logistician will:
- implement the logistics policy of the mission to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs.
- Capital office procurements strictly following donors’ and organisations guidelines.
- Manage Capital office network and connectivity and support bases if needed
- Update the entire equipment list, supervise and monitor the fleet management, movements, office and guesthouses maintenance to ensure an efficient response to mission monitor and report any incident related to security within the capital office.
- consolidate monthly logistics reports received from the bases and support the bases as needed.
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s capacities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher University degree.
- 3 years minimum professional experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement and IT work on projects at humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in Procurement management, fleet management, Supply Chain management, Inventory control, intermediate IT knowledge.
- Knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO, OCHA, UNICEF, AECID)
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work.
- English and Arabic (compulsory written and verbal); Hebrew will be an asset.
- Proven experience in excel, MS Word and corporative email application and network management and connectivity.
- Mobility between bases if required.
- Jerusalem ID holder.
- Valid Driving License.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 13/12/2018
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.