Title: Business Development Specialist - West Bank (Bethlehem and Hebron)
This position will be based in Hebron.
Report to: Project Manager
Duration: 12 months
MA’AN Development Centre is an independent Palestinian development institution established in January 1989, and registered by law as a non-profit organization. MA’AN works in all governorates in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, specifically focusing on marginalized villages and neighbourhoods. Relying on a human rights-based approach, community partnerships, and active participation, MA’AN works to enhance the resilience, empowerment, and realization of the rights of those most in need, the poor and marginalized groups and individuals, as well as unleash their latent capacities to enhance their active participation in sustainable development and their abilities to respond to and recover from crises.
As a part of MA’AN Development Center programs, MA’AN Hub for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (HIE) was established in 2018 to foster Innovation to address economic and environmental challenges, bringing together leading higher education institutions, research centers, and private industry firms to form dynamic partnerships enabling innovators and entrepreneurs and empowering them with access to local and regional markets.
MA’AN Hub operates a range of enterprise development, skills development, and innovation-enabling programs emphasizing green and sustainable practices with gender-transformative mechanisms.
Under the Youth Economic Empowerment in Palestine (YEP) component as part of the EU-funded Youth Empowerment Program, Maan is implementing a project to support vulnerable youth in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank Supported by Enabel- the Belgian Development agency.
The project targets youth between the age of 18 and 29 years with particular attention to the most vulnerable including female youth, people with disabilities, and people living in remote areas and NEETs in order to enable them to create sustainable and operational SMEs and economic generating activities. Maan is seeking a Business Development Specialist to follow on the activities to be implemented in the West Bank.
- Ensure smooth implementation of youth support activities in the West Bank and be the focal point of communications between the project team and beneficiaries in the West Bank.
- Oversee and follow mentorship, business support sessions, mentorship, and workshops with youth in West Bank.
- Engaging in outreach community events, and networking with partners across West Bank targeted areas (Hebron & Bethlehem)
- Collect data and information to help address the needs of startups and SMEs and link advisors to entrepreneurs according to project plan and budget.
- Following in the field with supported startups and enterprises regularly to ensure sound implementation of their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Other relevant tasks as required by the direct manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of capacity building, business management, entrepreneurship, or other related fields.
- Experience working in the NGOs sector
- Direct previous experience working with entrepreneurs and/or SMEs,
- Strong Arabic and English language skills- spoken and written, and strong reporting skills
- Good knowledge about economic empowerment concepts and vulnerable youth groups,
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Highly organized, reliable attention to detail, and able to work with minimum supervision within a team.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated, and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
- Save as / Download the employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of the applicant and the position.
- Fill in the required information at the following link: https://forms.gle/375amvwaiqBMmSPF9
- Attach the employment application within the previous link.
- Applications will not be considered if the employment application is not attached in the previous link.
- Applications will only be accepted until Friday 14 July 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all position.