Position Title: Business Development Specialist
Number of Vacancies and Location: (2 Vacancies) One will be based in the Gaza Strip, and another one to be based in the West Bank
Report to: Market Development Specialist
Duration: 34 months
MA’AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian non-profit organization, established in Jerusalem in January 1989. Relying on a human rights-based approach, community partnerships, and active participation, MA’AN works to enhance the resilience, empowerment, and realization of the rights of those most in need, the poor and marginalized groups and individuals, as well as unleash their latent capacities to enhance their active participation in sustainable development and their abilities to respond to and recover from crises.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
MA’AN Development Center has been implementing a project entitled “Promoting Employment for Youth and Women in the opt”, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The project aims at enhancing youth and women’s access to inclusive, gender-sensitive, and sustainable job opportunities through promoting employability skills, self-employment, innovation, and green economy initiatives and linkages. The target areas include the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
The Business Development Specialist will be in charge of:
- Assisting in mapping activities to identify prospective economic sectors and promising livelihood opportunities to intervene in.
- Developing selection criteria matrixes for SMEs, women-led businesses, and other beneficiaries like interns and apprentices.
- Designing and customizing the business assessment tools and other relevant tools.
- Conducting business assessments for potential SMEs, workshops, and factories.
- Supporting in designing and implementing the SMEs’ business development plans.
- Working with MA’AN’s market system specialist to ensure adequate and efficient implementation of the matching grants in close follow-up with the partner private sector actors.
- Delivering and/or facilitating training to targeted SMEs and private sector employers to improve operation and production
- Ensuring the accountable provision of the business support package to the employers of SMEs in targeted sub-sectors.
- Working closely and in full harmony with the project management and technical team to ensure the delivery of high-quality services to the project beneficiaries and building feasible and sustainable business models.
- Cooperate with MA’AN M&E department to ensure proper implementation of the project-related monitoring and evaluation activities through data collection and documentation;
- Supporting in developing progress and final narrative reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or any other related fields (Master’s degree is a plus).
- At least 3 years of directly related experience in economic empowerment and resilience, marketing, business planning, business consulting, and small business SMEs experience preferred
- Proven experience in working with vulnerable households in the opt and broad knowledge of livelihood sources.
- Deep understanding and strong knowledge of economic empowerment principles & models and local market requirements and constraints.
- Deep Knowledge in Agri-business and Industrial sectors in the opt.
- Relevant experience in working with farmers, women, and youth in the field of business development.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to detail, and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
- MS Office literacy (especially Word and Excel);
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following steps:
- Download / Save as the MA'AN employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the MA'AN employment application that you downloaded from step 1 and save the document with the name of the applicant and the position.
- Fill in the form with the required information using the following link:
- For Gaza Area position: Please, use the following link: https://forms.gle/u6h6UKqvCXjLsD8b7
- For West Bank Area position: Please, use the following link: https://forms.gle/Sz8eWLgWRUEJn3jS8
- Attach the MA’AN employment application that you filled from step 2 in the form that you have to fill in step 4 or step 5 based on the appropriate area position that you apply for.
Applications will not be considered if the MA’AN employment application is not attached to the form in step 4 or step 5.
Applications will only be accepted until 17 January 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all position.