Position Title: Business Development Officer
Period: 1 year with possibility of extension
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The Business Development Officer (BDO) will support the project in activities related to the enhancement of economic empowerment and increasing the prosperity of varying groups such as private sector representatives, youth entrepreneurs, and youth initiatives, as well as contribute to the enhanced socio-economic resilience and empowerment of vulnerable communities and individuals.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
- Coordination:Follow day to day implementations of project activities at the sites:
- Preparing and organizing for the workshops, training, coaching sessions, per- net workings, project's activities and meetings.
- Participating in the training, coaching and mentoring for the project beneficiaries.
- Assist in the evaluation processes and reporting.
- Project's implantations:
- Ensure the proper implementation of the project's phases and activities at the areas.
- Contribute to project beneficiaries' selection, business plan evaluations, and project's selections.
- Participate in identifying and defining the sectors that will be targeted by the project partners
- Conduct business plan development coaching sessions for the beneficiaries.
- Develop business and marketing plans in coordination with beneficiary to achieve business's establishment and business's expansion goals.
- Facilitate the coaching, per networking, and exchange visits activities for the project beneficiaries.
- Filing and documentation of all project’s related documents and data.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits the field to ensure the quality of implemented plans at the businesses.
- Explore further opportunities for project extension and sustainability
- Technical support:
- Work closely with beneficiaries to design and implement business development services’ materials/manuals and processes for the project
- Monitoring closely the quality of project outputs and deliverable by project beneficiaries
- Follow up and provide technical supports at the sites to ensure provision of business skills training and business development support to target beneficiaries.
- Facilitate knowledge building and information sharing in related to both the knowledge outputs of the project, Business skills training and business development supports.
- Reporting: coordination with and reporting to project manager.
- Prepare periodic narrative and analytical reports on the project achieved activities and progress which show the project's implementations and achievements at the fields to the project manager.
- Prepare and write the project success stories.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development etc.). An MBA, community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on economic empowerment would be added assets.
- At least Three years of directly related experience in marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, business coaching, and or micro/small business (CBOs/ MSMEs) experience preferred, economic empowerment, livelihood, entrepreneurship projects.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including sales and marketing.
- Good knowledge of the context of vulnerable areas in Gaza Strip;
- Good knowledge of potential market linkages; (exploring marketing channels, facilitating linkages between produces and targeted CBOs and market linkages).
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Working in development with special emphasis on socio-economic empowerment issues with evidence, scalability and sustainability.
- Practicing the empowerment of MSMEs and CBOs/cooperatives to improve their livelihood.
- Showcase and demonstrate his/ her knowledge and experience relating to gender mainstreaming.
Technical Skills Required for the Job
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Ability and commitment to work and produce results with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Requires extensive written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly attentive to detail in order to maintain accurate records
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and other administrative and technical documents;
- Good communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Excellent professional knowledge of MS Office
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to http://www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 25, September 2022 and include the job title (Business Development Officer) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test.