CARE West Bank & Gaza is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Business Development Officer (Job# 4/2020)
The Business Development Officer (BDO) will support Women and Youth Economic Empowerment project/s “. The Project/s are planning to enhance the economic empowerment and increase the prosperity of low-income women and female and male youth as entrepreneurs as well as contribute to the enhanced socio-economic resilience and empowerment of vulnerable communities and individuals, particularly women and youth in Gaza.
Primary activities for the Business Development Officer include but are not limited to:
- The BDO, with supervision of the PM and cooperation with the Project Coordinator in Gaza, will primarily lead the development and implementation of all business development activities/initiatives under ALL project’s components with the different partners in Gaza including the development of knowledge products and support in Project’s Reporting
- Support the partners in providing targeted/selected women & youth entrepreneurs in Gaza with business development and market oriented support and guidance in implementing their developed business and operational plans during the different stages of the project life cycle (design, conceptualization, and implementation).
- Work with the partners and the project’s team to lead/supervise the development and implementation of capacity building components (business support packages), women agency building; coaching for the targeted enterprises; etc.
- Work closely with the partners to provide targeted women & youth entrepreneurs with regular mentoring and business plan guidance as necessary; follow up on all deliverables of the partners & relevant consultancy services in a way that achieves sustainability and institutionalization of practices and promoting self-sustaining enterprises
- In cooperation with the PM/ PC and other CARE’s relevant team, follow- up monitoring process and the implementation process for business development activities; writes standards to ensure sub-contractors quality of work can be assessed.
- Liaise, coordinate, and collaborate with representatives of national authorities, municipal and village councils, private sector entities, other consortia, community committees, and other relevant actors through the provision of information about the project and project activities.
- Responsible for updating the monthly follow-up plan in line with completion of targets and progress. This includes updates required for different management structures like project technical committee, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development or etc.). An MBA, community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on women economic empowerment would be added assets;
- At least 3 years of directly proven experience in coordinating women economic empowerment initiatives (mainly Women and Youth), marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, business coaching, and or micro/small business (Entrepreneurs/CBOs/ MSMEs) experience preferred, economic empowerment, livelihood, entrepreneurship projects.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including sales and marketing; and understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Training in Women and youth entrepreneurship, empowerment of MSMEs and CBOs/cooperatives, private sector engagement, participatory community development tools and methods.
- A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and reviews, budget planning and management.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, power point.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than Monday October 26th, 2020 and include the job number (4/2020) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be, contacted for an interview.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all