CARE West Bank & Gaza is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Business Development Officer (Job# 4/2018)
Summary: The Business Development Officer (BDO) will support the project “Women and Youth Entrepreneurs Leading Change”, or OBADER, funded by the Global Affairs of Canada (GAC). The OBADER project will be implemented over a 4-year period (April 2018-2022) by CARE in south and central West Bank and Gaza, in collaboration with local partners. OBADER is planning to enhance the economic empowerment and increase the prosperity of low-income women and female and male youth as entrepreneurs and employees in central and south of West Bank and Gaza (WBG).
The BDO will be responsible for providing business development support, including business planning guidance, for the targeted women & youth entrepreneurs and implementing partners in WB during the different stages of the project life cycle (design, conceptualization, and implementation), while also assisting, support/guiding the project team and partners to implement and achieve part of the interconnected set of activities.
Primary activities for the BDO include but are not limited to: Providing targeted women & youth entrepreneurs in WB with business development and market oriented support and guidance in implementing their developed business and operational plans; follow up on all deliverables of the partners & relevant consultancy services in a way that achieves sustainability and institutionalization of practices and promoting self-sustaining enterprises; oversee and guide the targeted enterprises operationalizing the developed business plans; leading/supervising the development & capacity building components & coaching for the targeted enterprises; follow up on the implementation & operationalizing the business plans; support connecting enterprises with private sector; business development providers; MFIs, Banks, etc. Drafting relevant agreements, exploring marketing channels; market linkages; support with products’ development; design, guide and actively contribute to promotion & marketing events to promote the products of the women enterprises/ Cooperatives; support exchange visits and marketing events
Location: West Bank
Start date: Immediately
Position type: full-time 40 hours/week
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development etc.). An MBA, community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on women economic empowerment would be added assets.
- At least five years of directly related experience in marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, business coaching, and or micro/small business (CBOs/ MSMEs) experience preferred, economic empowerment, livelihood, entrepreneurship projects.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including sales and marketing.
- Good knowledge of potential market linkages; (exploring marketing channels, facilitating linkages between produces and targeted CBOs and market linkages).
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Working in development with special emphasis on socio-economic empowerment issues with evidence, scalability and sustainability.
- Practicing the empowerment of MSMEs and CBOs/cooperatives to improve their livelihood.
- Showcase and demonstrate his/ her knowledge and experience relating to gender mainstreaming.
- Sound experience in skills development/community development or related fields
- Strong knowledge in the social/ cultural and economic context of West bank.
- Proven success and a track record integrating and harmonizing ideas within a team and with external stakeholders.
- Proven track record working collaboratively with communities, local NGO partners, MSMES and government officials.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English.
- Strong team play and collaboration skills.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Monitoring &Evaluation in the business sphere and gender experience are two added pluses.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than 11 July 2018 and include the job number (4/2018) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all