EducAid is an International Non-Governmental Organization established in Italy in March 2000 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It supports Persons with Disabilities in various countries, including the Occupied Palestinian Territories, through interaction with associations, social enterprises and enthusiastic individuals ethically involved in the educational and social work. Its mission is to prevent and reduce the disadvantages and obstacles of individuals with disabilities or those who live in social and cultural difficulties. Additionally, EducAid seeks to build the capacity of the individuals and institutions in terms of education through different means but most notably through building an educational system where all the resources present in the community coverage to avoid entrusting education. Furthermore, EducAid aims to ensure the ultimate respect of Human Rights, in particular the rights of children, Persons with Disabilities, minority groups and to encourage policies oriented to gender equality.
About I CAN project
EducAid is implementing I CAN project “I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Centro per la vita indipendente per le Persone con Disabilità della Striscia di Gaza”. The project is funded by Italian Agency for Development Cooperation – AICS, and implemented by EducAid in partnership with several Italian and local partners in order to promote the full inclusion of Persons with Disabilities ,in particular of Women with Disabilities, in Gaza in coherence with UNCRPD. The project was designed at aim of strengthen the independence and autonomy of the PWD in Gaza through the establishment of innovative Independent Life Center with integrated services, increase the socio-economic empowerment of PWD through the promotion of access to inclusive education and work, and raise awareness of the local and international community on the rights of the PWD.
- Responsible for construction and implementation effective awareness campaigns to promote the rights of PwDs and to highlight their needs and priorities.
- Monitor and analyze the national and international policy and laws of disability to ensure better integration of new communication approaches, tools and techniques into EducAid’s interventions.
- Works with team members a team of multidisciplinary professionals in EducAid and outside.
- Ensure proper planning and implementation for any awareness activities.
- Manages Educaid's social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Create and implement Educaid media plan
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Design and production of visibility & media materials including press releases, media briefings, …etc
- Develop media materials and communications including: brochures, newsletters, articles, project fact sheets, topography reports, and annual reports.
- Prepare project related documents/updates, including projects’ profiles, fact sheets, speeches, success stories
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on Educaid social media platforms, and encourages audience participation
- Develops and maintains an excellent, sharable database of contacts in the media and experts and also a history of stories
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Professional photography of all activities and events in addition to documenting entry cases
- Professionally preparing, directing and editing videos and reports for activities and stories
- Advanced skills in preparing infographic designs.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Monitor online reviews and respond to each review
- Carrying out any work assigned to it.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required degree: Bachelor degree in journalism, multimedia, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, Experience in, online and offline awareness activities and/or campaigning work, and media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- A demonstrated understanding of local and international laws, in particular of Human Rights and UNCRPD.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة, no later than 22th November 2020 at 12:00 Palestinian time. Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially welcome, and women are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.