EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. The Independent Living Center for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496” and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire an Awareness and Advocacy Coordinator according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Gaza strip
Under the direction of the Project Manager, provides support to the Awareness and Advocacy activities, including collection the required data, implementation advocacy campaigns and preparation reports and other documents to find lasting solutions for People with Disabilities (PwDs) and suffering.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for construction and implementation effective advocacy strategies and plans to promote the rights of PwDs and to highlight their needs.
- Monitor and analyze the national and international policy and laws of disability to ensure better integration of new communication approaches, tools and techniques into EducAid’s interventions.
- Develop operational plans following EducAid’s project goals.
- Works with team members a team of multidisciplinary professionals in EducAid and outside.
- Ensure proper planning and implementation for any advocacy and awareness activities.
- Build proper communication tools and excellent in using social media platforms.
- Deliver awareness sessions, trainings and participatory workshops and carry out exhibitions, competitions and campaigns to influence the policy and decisions makers.
- Maintain planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning under the EducAid’s MEAL policy and in cooperation with relevant project team members.
- Build rigid relationships and strengthen liaison with respective stakeholders and other relevant staff and agencies.
- Be EducAid’s advocacy lead/ advocacy focal point and share its point of views with regard to the disability issue and inclusive education in several interviews, meetings, workshops, summits, platforms and other events and similar fora.
- Use the tools of transparence, accountability and advocacy such us public hearing, social audit, mass assembly and others.
- Adopt the evidence based advocacy and solution focused lobby.
- Prepare the reports, success stories, testimonies, case studies, press release, newsletters and write, edit and proofread copy of IEC materials.
- Formulate a cross-platform content strategy and oversee content, video, audio, infographic and text contents, across all platforms, including, website, blog, email and other platforms.
- Track web and social pages and groups’ analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Assist in production of footage and photos.
- Manage risk and ensure consistency and efficiency of EducAid’s policy advocacy initiatives
- Provide support to project’s partners and stakeholders in addition to document and share knowledge, lessons learned and good practices.
- Produce stakeholder mapping, need assessment, context analysis and rationale tests in support to the program team.
- Raise awareness on EducAid mandate and principles and build strategic partnerships and alliances with local communities.
- Ensure compliance with the partnership of EducAid in all activities with partners.
- Sustain EducAid’s image and ensure better implementation of visibility activities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Law, Journalism, Business Administration, Political Science or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, Experience in policy, online and offline advocacy and/or campaigning work.
- Experience in MS package and SPSS.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (Spoken and written)
- Strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of local and international laws, in particular of Human Rights and UNCRPD.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- A team-spirited person and excellent team player with interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Candidates are invited to fulfill the application form and to attached their CV and motivation letter through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة, no later than February 9th , 2019.
ONLY those candidates pre-selected for an interview will be contacted.
Women and individuals with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.