Purpose of Job
In 2017, the EBRD started investing in the West Bank and Gaza (‘WB&G’) and to date eight projects have been signed for a total amount of US$ 46.0 million. EBRD’s investments in the WB&G are channelled through a Trust Fund. The Associate Banker will be part of the EBRD’s West Bank & Gaza team which currently consist of 4 staff members. The EBRD’s operations in the West Bank & Gaza are coordinated out of the EBRD’s Resident Office in Amman, with frequent visits to the WB&G.
The Associate Banker contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, and implementation and monitoring. The Associate Banker will take responsibility for those tasks assigned to them by the project operation leader, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring. The Associate Banker carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the operation leader.
The Associate Banker will also contribute to business/pipeline development, client management and policy dialogue. The Associate Banker will (initially) report to the Director Head Eastern Mediterranean
Facts and Scale
- To contribute as a project team member to the execution, implementation and monitoring of a number of projects each year, as determined in the annual objective setting.
- Carry out tasks assigned by the project operation leader or the Team Director including non-project related tasks, including preparing the annual Trust Fund reports, drafting project fiches, drafting external correspondence, and other tasks;
- The Associate Banker is expected to progress to the point of being able to assume the role of an operation leader for, initially, straightforward projects (this may involve assuming this role for monitoring responsibilities first). In this case, responsibilities will expand to include accountability for project development, execution, implementation and monitoring. A more senior banker will often be, initially, part of the project team to provide oversight and guidance;
- No budgetary responsibility;
- No direct reports.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including working with client counterparts, consultants and other parties to progress the project;
- Be the primary driver of the scope and quality of project due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance;
- Prepare internal project documentation, including approval project memoranda, financial models, draft term sheets, presentations, etc. as and when required;
- Take responsibility, as Technical Cooperation (‘TC’) operation leader, to design and process technical co-operation assistance, drafting TC fiches and TC process and approval time management in line with investment projects and/or policy dialogue;
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
- Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- Take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of projects, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement; pro-actively monitoring of progress of the project implementation and financial performance of the client; assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these proposed corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of the Director and/or operation leader;
- As TC operation leader, ensure effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments to ensure their compliance with donor reporting requirements, operational objectives and that all reports are of a high quality.
- As a project team member perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the operation leader.
- Business Development
- To pro-actively contribute with marketing and business development efforts including researching the market for financing opportunities, setting up meetings and following up accordingly.
- Reporting and Donor Relationship
- Assist, as required, with the preparation of the annual Trust Fund reports (for the main EBRD Trust Fund and the Multi-Donor Trust Fund)
- Attend quarterly donor meetings and prepare updates on projects ahead of these meetings
The responsibilities of the Associate Banker are designed to allow for the development of transaction expertise and expansion of responsibilities, leading to assuming the role of an operation leader on standard, non-complex transactions. In such cases, the Associate Banker’s accountabilities and responsibilities would be increased to undertake a role of an operation leader under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers or the Team Director
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills and ability to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles.
- Conversant with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Native in Arabic. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Desired: Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Professional experience of leading and/or participating in financial transactions through the full project life cycle.
- Experience in and a good understanding of the business environment in the West Bank & Gaza
- Initiative and drive
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team and co-operate with a range of stakeholders
- Contributes to problem-solving and a strong communicator
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to complete tasks to a high degree of accuracy, including under tight timeframes.
(Note that while the official location of the EBRD Office is Amman, applications are also open to the Palestinian nationals residing on the West Bank).
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Banker, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Equity, Finance, Technology
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة