Location: Amman, JO
Purpose of Job
In 2017, the EBRD started investing in the West Bank and Gaza (‘WB&G’) and to date thirteen projects have been signed for a total amount of US$ 56.0 million. EBRD’s investments in the WB&G are channelled through a Trust Fund. The Analyst will be part of the EBRD’s West Bank & Gaza team which currently consist of 4 staff members. The EBRD’s operations in the West Bank & Gaza are coordinated out of the EBRD’s Resident Office in Amman, with frequent visits to the WB&G.
The Analyst contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring.
The Analyst will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to them by the operation leader or more senior members of the project team, or more senior bankers, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, conducting financial analysis and financial modelling on advanced level, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
The Analyst carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers
The Project life-cycle involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
The role of the Analyst is to contribute, as a project team member, to the structuring, implementation and monitoring of debt and equity transactions, and their effective implementation and monitoring in line with the Bank’s operational objectives.
Under the guidance of the operation leader and/or more senior bankers, the Analyst performs those tasks assigned to them and provides support to the operation leader and the project team throughout the project cycle, with a particular emphasis on research, data gathering, due diligence, credit analysis and financial modelling.
Facts and Scale
- Contribute as a project team member to the execution, implementation and monitoring of a number of projects each year;
- Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by more senior members of the project team or more senior bankers, with a particular focus on credit analysis and financial modelling;
- Under the guidance of a more senior banker, communicate with other internal units in the Bank, client counterparts and other stakeholders;
- Support the team with marketing and business development efforts including researching the market for financing opportunities, setting up meetings and following up accordingly;
- Support the team with preparing project monitoring reports on portfolio companies required on an annual basis;
- No budgetary responsibility;
- No direct reports
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker:
- Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and financial projections;
- Assist with the designing and processing of technical co-operation assistance, including preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation, to support the related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- As may be requested, assist with communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to the Analyst are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
- Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- As requested by the operation leader or a Portfolio Manager, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Analyst is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- As requested by the operation leader or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, a Technical Cooperation (TC) operation leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments including communication with TC client, monitoring of TC fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
The responsibilities of the Analyst are designed to allow the Analyst to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to industry/country experience.
- 1-3 Years relevant work experience.
- Managing multiple tasks to meet varying deadlines.
- Completing tasks to a high degree of accuracy.
- Working well as part of a multi-national team.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Consulting, Equity, Credit Analyst, Finance, Technology
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below