General Description of PACES
In response to the difficult circumstances in which the Palestinian children live, the Palestinian Association for Children's Encouragement of Sports - PACES - was founded in June of 2006 with the central aim of providing sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys, and creating sanctuaries that are both healthy and fun, and to contribute to the overall development of the communities involved.
General Description of the Role:
The Assistant Area Supervisor represents PACES in the area he/she is responsible for. He/she is responsible to setting the link between PACES and the administrations of the sports clubs that are in partnership with PACES. Continuous follow up with the technical and administrative team and the Country Manager is essential, as well as the ability to quickly accomplish all tasks required.
The Assistant Area Supervisor position is a multi-task function that requires high flexibility, excellent time management and excellent organizational skills. The assistant area supervisor performs administrative management duties. He / she must have an exemplary eye for accuracy and detail, and can perform all duties and responsibilities while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Performs general administrative duties such as word processing, filing, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, creating and retrieving correspondence, and scheduling events/meetings.
- Maintains records and files for the department.
- Runs weekly or monthly reports or/and as requested
- Updates department documents, such as the clubs agreements and program’s schedules.
- Organizes meetings, technical meetings
- Prepares and attends team meetings.
- Manage the day to day operations of the offices.
- Provides high level administrative management, for coaches and staff within the same area and under the area supervisor directions.
- Assists in implementing policies and procedures that insure compliance with PACES policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Researches, gathers and compiles information from various sources to analyze and produce reports.
- Assist in developing a plan for future upgrades of equipment and needs for the clubs.
- Support team and staff by providing direction, guidance, and support at an administrative, program, and activities, Maintain hard copies, electronic logs and archives of departmental transactions. This includes form submissions from coaches and staff relating to clubs, no. of children …. Etc.
- Assists in preparing the evaluation of coaches, assistant coaches and club coordinators performances under PACES guidelines
- Perform special tasks as assigned by the area supervisors and PACES.
- Creating spreadsheets and presentations, when required.
- Implement PACES ‘vision, policy and objectives.
- Assist in monitoring the execution of the agreements signed between PACES and the clubs in the supervised area.
- Assist in the full coverage of PACES’ activities in the supervised area.
- Continuous follow up with PACES management and technical team.
- Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the sports program and the different projects conducted by PACES in the supervised area.
- Plan and implement a schedule for visits to clubs and training sessions that includes on average of 10 visits per week.
- Coordination in visits with the area supervisor and technical supervisor of the area.
- Coordination with the clubs in conducting the programs, activities and meetings.
- Conduct inventory for sports equipment and clothes for the children and clubs.
- Assist in the coordination for workshops and training sessions with the coordinators and supervise financially and managerially.
- Assist in contribution for coaches’ selection for the program in collaboration with the technical and area supervisor.
- Interact with technical and area supervisor to develop the sports program when needed.
- Inspect and evaluate work progress, identify any problems and possible remedial action.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the next cycle’s program (identifying possible new clubs, performing introductory visits with the team …..etc).
- Participate in the end of year evaluation process of the clubs that operated during the sports year.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written, oral, cross –cultural).
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a varied and changing workload.
- Strong management and leadership skills to oversee and lead a large team of part-time coaches.
- Strong representational skills.
- Team Spirit
- High efficiency and responsiveness in accomplishing required task.
- Extensive software skills, Internet research abilities and strong communication
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Excellent knowledge of Internet communications technologies (Skype and Email)
- Fluency both in written and oral Arabic and English.
- Ability to travel.
- Familiarity with sports programs for children will be an added value.
- Valid clean driving license
- Owning a car is a plus.
- Background in Physical Education and / or sport in a plus.
Note: These Terms of Reference only serve as a guide for the position. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (preferably in English) no later than 23 March 2019 to [email protected] indicating the vacant position (Asst. Area Supervisor - Center in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.