Job Title: Assistant Area Supervisor (Full Time)
Reports to: Area Supervisor
Starting Date: Immediately
General Description of PACES
In response to the difficult circumstances in which Palestinian children live, the Palestine Association for Children's Encouragement of Sports - PACES - was founded in June of 2006 with the aim of providing sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys, and creating sanctuaries that are both healthy and fun, and to contribute to the overall development of the communities involved.
The central goal of PACES is the development of sports programs that will get the boys off the streets and therefore protect them from extremism and violence while getting the girls out of the home and into programs that empower them and contribute to their self–esteem.
General Description of the Role:
The Assistant Area Supervisor represents PACES in the area he/she is responsible for. He/she is responsible to setting the link between PACES and the administrations of the sports clubs that are in partnership with PACES. Continuous follow up with the technical and administrative team and the Country Manager is essential, as well as the ability to quickly accomplish all tasks required.
The Assistant Area Supervisor position is a multi-task function that requires high flexibility, excellent time management and excellent organizational skills. The area assistance supervisor performs administrative management duties, supporting the area supervisor including its coaches, staff and children. He / she must have an exemplary eye for accuracy and detail, and can perform all duties and responsibilities while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Performs general administrative duties such as word processing, filing, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, creating and retrieving correspondence, and scheduling events/meetings.
- Maintains records and files for the department.
- Runs weekly or monthly reports.
- Updates department documents, such as the clubs agreements and schedules.
- Organizes meetings, technical meetings, including recording and transcribing minutes and preparing agenda packages.
- Assists with hiring logistics, including setting up interviews, contacting candidates, and document collection.
- Prepares and Attends team meetings.
- Manage the day to day operations of the offices.
- Communicate in person and via phone and/or email with coaches and staff.
- Provides high level administrative management, as well as clerical support for coaches and staff within the same area and under the area supervisor directions.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures that insure compliance with PACES policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Researches, gathers and compiles information from various sources to analyze and produce reports.
- Track information and interpret data to determine the best methods and procedures to conduct departmental outcomes.
- Assist in developing a plan for future upgrades of equipment and needs for the clubs.
- Support team and staff by providing direction, guidance, and support at an administrative, program, activities, and office management level.
- Maintain hard copies, electronic logs and archives of departmental transactions. This includes form submissions from coaches and staff relating to clubs, no. of children …. Etc.
- Assists in preparing the evaluation of the team and club performance under PACES guidelines
- Perform special tasks as assigned by the area supervisors and PACES. 19- Performs administrative and office support activities for area supervisor. 20- Duties may include answering telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors. 21- Creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. 22- Extensive software skills, Internet research abilities and strong communication
- Represents PACES in the supervised area.
- Implement PACES ‘vision, policy and objectives.
- Communication between the clubs in the supervised area and the management of PACES.
- Assist in monitoring the execution of the agreements signed between PACES and the clubs in the supervised area.
- Assist in the full coverage of PACES’ activities in the supervised area.
- Continuous follow up with PACES management and technical team.
- Team spirit.
- High efficiency and responsiveness in accomplishing requested task.
- Follow up on the technical and management assistants in the same supervised area.
- Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the sports program and the different projects conducted by PACES in the supervised area.
- Plan and implement a schedule for visits to clubs and training sessions that includes on average of 10 visits per week.
- Coordination in visits with the area supervisor and technical supervisor of the area.
- Coordination with the clubs in conducting the programs, activities and meetings.
- Develop the monthly sports training with the help of the technical and area supervisors.
- Conduct inventory for sports equipment and clothes for the children and clubs.
- Assist in the coordination for workshops and training sessions with the coordinators and supervise financially and managerially.
- Assist in contribution for clubs’ selection that will participate in any of the training courses PACES is implementing.
- Assist in contribution for coaches’ selection for the program by conducting interviews with them to validate their ability to conduct PACES practices in collaboration with the technical and area supervisor.
- Reporting to the technical and area supervisor on coaches’ performance during session.
- Interact with technical and area supervisor to develop the sports program when needed.
- Inspect and evaluate work progress, identify any problems (mainly technical) and possible remedial action.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the next cycle’s program (identifying possible new clubs, performing introductory visits with the team …..etc).
- Participate in the end of year evaluation process of the clubs that operated during the sports year.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written, oral, cross –cultural).
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a varied and changing workload.
- Strong management and leadership skills to oversee and lead a large team of part-time coaches.
- Strong representational skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Excellent knowledge of Internet communications technologies (Skype and Email)
- Fluency both in written and oral Arabic and English.
- Ability to travel.
- Familiarity with sports programs for children will be an added value.
- Valid clean driving license
- Owning a car is a plus.
Note: These Terms of Reference only serve as a guide for the position. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (preferably in English) no later than 12 April 2018 to
indicating the vacant position (Asst. Area Supervisor - Gaza) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.