General Description of PACES
In response to the difficult circumstances in which Palestinian children live, the Palestine Association for Children's Encouragement of Sports - PACES - was founded in June of 2006 with the aim of providing sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys, and creating sanctuaries that are both healthy and fun, and to contribute to the overall development of the communities involved.
The central goal of PACES is the development of sports programs that will get the boys off the streets and therefore protect them from extremism and violence while getting the girls out of the home and into programs that empower them and contribute to their self–esteem.
General Description of the Role:
The area supervisor represents PACES in the area he/she is responsible for. He/she is responsible to setting the link between PACES and the administrations of the sports clubs that are in partnership with PACES. Continuous follow up with the technical and administrative team and the Country Manager is essential, as well as the ability to quickly accomplish all tasks require.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represents PACES in the supervised area.
- Implement PACES ‘vision, policy and objectives.
- Sets the communication between the clubs / centers in the supervised area and the management of PACES.
- Monitors the execution of the agreements signed between PACES and the clubs in the supervised area.
- Supervises the implementation of PACES activities in the supervised areas.
- Continuous follow-up with PACES management and technical team.
- Accomplishes all tasks required efficiently and professionally.
- Communicates between the clubs /centers in the supervised area and the management of PACES.
- Supervises, monitors and ensures smooth execution of the sports program and different activities conducted by PACES in the supervised area.
- Prepare periodical reports to the management, including coaches and assistant coaches’ rewards, monthly progress report amongst others, and ensures all reports of assistant area supervisors are accurate and comprehensive.
- Plan and implement a schedule for visits to clubs and training sessions that includes on average of 14 visits per week.
- Coordinate visits with the assistant area supervisors and Sports Development Coordinator of the area of supervision.
- Coordinate with the club / center coordinators for all matters related to the programs, activities and meetings.
- Develop the monthly sports training plan with the assistance of Sports Development Coordinator.
- Plan, implement, follow-up and evaluate all activities related to PACES’ participation in international tournaments abroad.
- Conduct inventory for sports equipment in the storage venues and supervise their distribution.
- Coordinate for workshops and training sessions and supervise financially and managerially.
- Submit recommendations to PACES management.
- Document, archive and follow up on correspondences and emails.
- Ensures all coaches and assistant coaches selected to coach the children adhere to the practice schedules / program and agreements in the partnership contracts.
- Assist Sports Development Coordinator to evalutate coach and assistant coach performance during program sessions in supervised area.
- Interact with the team to develop the sports program when needed, including Sports Development Supervisor when needed.
- Work on the yearly sports calendar ,
- Inspect and evaluate work progress, identify any problems (mainly administrative) and possible remedial action.
- Prepare the action plan of the area supervised and the following cycle’s program ( to including identifying possible new clubs, performing introductory visits with the team …etc).
- Conduct year-end program evaluation pertaining to the supervised area.
- Submit monthly Financial and Technical reports to the Country Manager pertaining to the activities of the month.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education or a relevant field from a recognized university; along with accredited course degree in coaching is preferred.
- At least 4years experience sports program development, team management and leadership experience.
- Proven track record of working on sports programs for children is a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Strong representational skills.
- Proven report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Excellent knowledge of Internet communications technologies, such as Skype, MSN Messenger and e-mail.
- Fluency both in written and oral English and Arabic.
- Ability to travel abroad.
- A valid driving license is a plus.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. PACES reserves the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (preferably in English) no later than Tuesday 15th January 2019 to [email protected] indicating the vacant position (Area Supervisor – North - Palestine) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.