What we are looking for:
A seasoned professional who has served in senior management roles in humanitarian/recovery contexts supporting both programming and support functions. Experience implementing emergency/rapid response programming and access negotiation as well as knowledge of donor requirements and compliance rules.
You will provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction to designated geographical area for Palestine Office.
What you will do:
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area.
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG).
- Provide area specific input on Core Competencies (CC) strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Ensure that grants opening, and closure meetings take place as per current Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs).
- Implementation of projects (including master budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency responses, and implement response plans.
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Oversee and be responsible for incorporating NRC Safe and Inclusive Programming (SIP) Minimum Standards into Gaza implementation as per NRC guidelines, policies and Palestine-specific explanatory notes.
- Travel regularly to field sites to oversee operations and monitor programming.
- Build team capacity throughmentoring, coaching and provision of appropriate trainingwhen resources are available.
- Engage proactively in humanitarian coordination mechanisms and maintain constructive relationships with key NGOs, donors, UN and government partners, including AIDA and the ICCG, and the Gaza Protection Consortium.
- Ensure overall security and safetyof staff in the area and ensureduty of care mechanisms are in place.
Please download the detailed job description to learn more about the position.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
What you will bring:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in senior management role in humanitarian/recovery contexts, including responsibility for support functions.
- Significant previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Sound knowledge of the Palestinian context. Previous experience living and working in Gaza desirable.
- Experience implementing emergency/rapid response programming and access negotiation.
- Strong proposal writing skills. Knowledge of donor requirements and compliance rules.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile with documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of the Arabic is advantageous.
What we offer:
- Duty station: Gaza, Palestine
- Contract: 12 months (Fixed-term renewable based on performance, funding and need for the position)
- Travel: up to 10%, Jerusalem and internationally, as required
- Salary/benefits: grade 10 on NRC’s salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your passport.
Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and education.
Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
We receive many applications for each vacant position and so only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Send in your application by latest October 12, 2023.
If you have any questions about this role, please email [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.