Terms of reference
Architect Engineer – Service Provider
Under the project “Inclusive Education for Palestinian Children with disabilities” funded by Global Affairs Canada
Handicap International is running its projects under the new name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI). Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and by vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity. HI is an international, independent, and impartial non-profit organization that intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict, and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and vulnerable populations, HI takes action and takes notice, to meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI in Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT):
Since 1996, HI has implemented various actions with local partners in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. In a territory beset by chronic crises, political instability, and a declining economic and social situation since the second Intifada in 2000, HI aims to respond to the needs of persons with disabilities and to make structural improvements to their lives.
Presentation of the project within which the consultancy will take place
The project of " Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with Disabilities to gender and disability sensitive inclusive education in the emergency context of West Bank and Gaza” funded by Global Affairs Canada is targeting Children with Disabilities to promote their access to basic educational services in their schools. Under the project expected result 3: Enhanced capacity and coordination of education actors (education directorates, special and mainstream schools) to provide gender and disability positive formal and non-formal education services, from pre-primary to the end of primary education, in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, Activity 3.7 Support the development of accessible infrastructures and gender-responsive school facilities with the participation of boys, girls and their parents (Gaza and West Bank) to ensure children with disabilities full involvement in education through facilitating their access and participation at schools. This will be achieved through the implementation of physical accessibility at their schools (public and special schools) and KGs.
DESCRIPTION OF THE REQUIRED SERVICE PROVISION:
Under the management of the project manager, the Architect engineer will support HI in the development, implementation, follow up and monitoring of the construction work of child-friendly zones and playgrounds of the project.
The Architect engineer will be providing technical support to HI in developing drawings and ideas for an accessible and child-friendly environment for children with disabilities, the Architect engineer will be monitoring and supervising the construction works at the HI partner’s schools in Bethlehem governorate to ensure that adaptation and construction works meet the required standards as recommended by project Manager. The followings are the names of targeted schools;
- Al Khansaa Primary School, Toqo’
- Abu Enjeim Secondary School, Abu Enjeim (Janata)
- Wad Rahhal Secondary School, Wad Rahhal
The Architect engineer is mainly responsible for:
- Conducting site visits to the designated schools to assess the technical needs of constructing an inclusive accessible playground and child-friendly environment.
- Prepare all the needed technical RFQ “Request for Quotations” documents according to technical assessment results (Bills of Quantities (BBQs), construction drawings, Technical Specifications, etc.).
- Provide an Estimated value for each Bill of Quantity (BOQ) in accordance with the market prices.
- Support HI’s teams in the administrative inquiry and the obtaining of needed authorizations before the launch of the RFQ “Request for Quotations” (if any);
- Contribute to the evaluation of the offers by construction suppliers and support the HI team in the selection of the winning candidate/s
- Review the construction proposals including drawings/ BoQs and technical specifications offered by the construction suppliers, conduct relevant research (market surveys) to ensure that materials and prices are proposed adequately.
- Monitor the progress of adaptation works, by developing monitoring tools, and making regular daily follow up visits to the adaptation sites; to ensure that the works are performed based on the specifications, duly and within the agreed deadlines
- Ensure liaison with HI focal points and liaison with the contracted company for conduction of intervention, ensuring that all the needed documents, procedures, and authorizations related to the works in object are produced, shared, and available;
- Submit weekly/monthly progress reports to the Project Manager (PM) detailing the activities and progress of the adaptation works. The reports shall include achieved works, work percentage, changes, recommendations and suggestions, and any current or foreseeable issues.
- Evaluate the construction modifications implemented by the suppliers, and report to the PM.
- Provide technical oversight and support; to ensure that the adaptation works at the targeted schools meet the required standards as identified and recommended by HI.
Expected results of the consultancy
By the end of this consultancy, the service provider will support HI’s Team in:
- Development of an inclusive accessible and child-friendly environment and playgrounds for the targeted MoE schools (3 schools)
- Develop concepts and designs for the adaptations and construction works (including technical drawings, specifications, and Bill of Quantities), Supervise and monitor the construction works at the targeted schools, and provide technical oversight and support to ensure that the adaptation works at the targeted schools meet the required standards as identified and recommended by the Project Manager.
The service should consist of 4 phases:
- Review the relevant documents including the drawings developed for the schools’ accessible playground.
- Develop a work plan and the suggested calendar for assessment and design phase (drawings/BOQ) in coordination with HI project team.
- Implement needs assessment through field visits to schools’ and interviewing project stakeholders including children with disabilities, their parents, and schools’ staff as needed.
- Developing ideas and drawings for construction and adaptation works
- Develop Bill of Quantities.
- Validate drawings and BoQs by HI and partners
Launching the process of construction:
- Develop the RFQ “Request for Quotations” package with the support of support services team
- Be part of the quotation selection committee.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to the 3 sites
- Documentation of work progress and production of daily and weekly reports
- Support the verification of individual and global Bill of Quantities (BoQs) amounts based on the real work done.
Completion of works:
- Facilitate the completion of works according to the proposed schedule.
- Support the signing of beneficiary acknowledgement/ acceptance letters and completion certificates.
Draft and submit reports:
- Develop the final adaptation works report detailing the lessons learned experiences as well as challenges faced and possible remedies.
The Architect engineer should produce and submit in the English language the following documents:
- Needs assessment report
- Specific design drawings and BoQs for each intervention.
- Complete request for quotation package.
- Weekly/Monthly reports.
- Instruction’s form.
- Completion certificate per school.
- The final report includes the following main sections:
- Table of contents.
- Executive summary (that can be used as a stand-alone document).
- Objectives of the assignment
- Methodology and approach used in monitoring the works
- Presentation of school adaptation and construction findings, the process of implementation, accurate data, clearly showing impact and sustainability.
- Challenges encountered and obstacles resolved.
- Conclusions and recommendations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor's degree with proven experience relevant to the field of Architect engineering.
- Extensive proven knowledge and experience in accessibility standards and related matters
- Relevant technical expertise and experience on construction projects targeting persons and children with disabilities would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Very good in English (good level of written English) and Arabic.
Providing services is expected to be provided within the period from 10th of August to until 15th of October, 2021, for the above-mentioned schools
- The financial offer should be in Shekel (ILS) currency inclusive of all kinds of taxes and should be inclusive of Architect engineer transportation and communication fees.
- The Architect engineer will use his own and personal equipment and software for the completion of this service.
- The payment will be based on the achievement of implementation according to the installment as described below, in addition to the validated working sheet/report by the Project Manager.
- Amount will be subject to Palestinian income Tax deduction
المسمى الوظيفي Architect Engineer – Service Provider
آخر موعد للتقديم 29 - Jul - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Candidates should submit the following information with their application:
- Curriculum vitae.
- A proposal of the detailed implementation plan following the terms of reference,
- A tentative work plan and schedule,
- Financial offer for the consultancy including fees in Shekel (ILS) per achievement of tasks.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Humanity & Inclusion, Ramallah: [email protected]
Applications submitted by email should indicate as subject: Architect Engineer – Service Provider
Deadline for submission of applications: 29/07/2021.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Selected applicants may be invited to an interview.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
Inclusion Technical Officer
Organizational Development Consultant
Economic Support Technical Officer
Protection Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
16, Nov, 2020
Human Resources Officer
5, Nov, 2020