EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Center for Independent life for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496 and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire an Architect Engineer according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Gaza strip
Designing new buildings, alterations, extensions, or restoration projects. Working with EducAid Team to ensure the designs are functional and within budgetary restraints.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct site visits to assess the needs of physical accessibility requirements within the Center for Independent life for People with Disabilities the needs identified with the support of EducAid. This may include reconstruction/adaptation of building entrances, toilets, ramps and accessible pathways and other.
- Prepare Bills of Quantities , specifications, and construction drawings according to the actual needs.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the offers by construction suppliers and support EducAid team in the selection of the winning candidate/s.
- Review the construction proposals including BoQs and technical specifications offered by the construction suppliers and conduct on site visits to the facilities to ensure that materials and prices are proposed adequately.
- Monitor the progress of rehabilitation works, by developing monitoring tools, and making regular follow up visits to the rehabilitation sites in order to ensure that the works are performed duly and within the agreed deadlines
- Submit progress reports to the Project manager detailing the activities and progress of the rehabilitation works. The reports shall include the service provider recommendations and suggestions and any current or foreseeable issues.
- Evaluate the construction modifications implemented by the suppliers, and report to Project manager.
- Provide technical oversight and support to ensure that the adaptation works meet the required standards as identified and recommended by EducAid
- Review the relevant documents including the Accessibility Assessment Results, and analysis report and accessibility standards.
- Implement needs assessment through visiting and interviewing project stakeholders including people with disabilities, employers, and their staff.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to the sites.
- Documentation of work progress and production of site visits reports.
- Support the verification of individual and global Bill of Quantities (BoQs) amounts based on the real work done.
- Facilitate and supervise the completion of works according to the proposed schedule and available budget.
- Develop the final adaptation works report detailing the lessons learned experiences as well as challenges faced and possible remedies.
- Any other assigned tasks.
- A minimum of bachelor degree in architecture engineering.
- Having at least 5 years’ experience as architecture engineer and adaptation works for people with disabilities, Experience in humanitarian sector/international NGOs is preferred
- Proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, techniques and concepts.
- Experience of technical design software like AutoCAD, 3D, Revit…etc.
- Strong Knowledge of all aspects of design and construction process including in depth knowledge of architectural construction materials and their application as well as considerable experience in the production of design documentation including drawing and details, schedules and specifications is essential.
- The ability to effectively communicate ideas to other team members as well as an understanding of engineering requirements of projects and the coordination of theses into the architectural design.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good client and stakeholder relationship building skills;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team environment.
- Extensive proven knowledge and experience in accessibility standards and related matters.
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Candidates are invited to fulfill the application form and to attached their CV and motivation letter online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة , no later than 17th of October 2018 - 4,00 pm
People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.