Job Posting: Arabic Curriculum Coordinator
Pioneers Baccalaureate School is seeking a full-time Arabic Curriculum Coordinator at the elementary level. The coordinator oversees teacher performance and professional development, curriculum organization and planning, and student academic development in Arabic-language subjects (religion, social studies, and Arabic language).
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the Arabic language and literature. He/she will have familiarity or experience with standard-based and skill-based learning ideologies, such as Common Core State Standards (CCSS), International Baccalaureate (IB) program, or Cambridge/IGCSE system. The Curriculum Coordinator will be responsible for incorporating standard-based teaching and assessment into classroom instruction, training teachers, and documenting progress.
The employee should be a self-starter who is comfortable making decisions and leading a team. This employee will assist the Lower School Assistant Principal with decision-making and policy implementation in areas of instruction, assessment, staff development, technology, and personnel.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Exceptional Arabic language skills are required. Working capacity in English is an asset, but is not required.
- Minimum BA/BS in education or similar field, with graduate-level work preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years working as an educator or manager within an educational setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage teams of people
The ideal candidate will have:
- An energetic, dynamic personality and positive attitude, with a desire to create, inspire, and contribute to the school community
- Passion and interest in the Arabic language and literature
- Ability to collaborate effectively with administrators and teachers to create and develop curriculum
- Experience in planning lessons and units and assessing student learning, as well as an understanding how each year’s curriculum builds on the previous
- The ability to commit time outside of official school hours to organize or oversee clubs, activities, and/or events
Please see instructions for application below. Applications without a CV/resume AND cover letter will not be considered. Please write “Arabic Curriculum Coordinator” in the subject line.
TO APPLY: Please send a CV/resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the cover letter, please include why you are interested in the position, and why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Please write “Arabic Curriculum Coordinator” in the subject line.
Pioneers is a non-profit, private school located in Nablus, Palestine. With a staff of over 90 teachers and administrators, and over 650 students in grades 1-12, Pioneers teaches a rigorous bilingual curriculum. Pioneers is a bicultural community grounded in critical thinking, inquiry, and creativity.
To learn more about Pioneers, visit our website: www.pioneers.ps