ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks an Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer for its humanitarian and developmetns projects in Gaza.
- Facilitate Project Cycle Management by collecting qualitative and quantitative data at different stages of project implementation
- Design and conduct needs assessments and baseline surveys to establish and track indicators
- Monitor indicators to ensure that the project meets its goals and objectives
- Design and conduct impact evaluations
- Data entry and analysis
- Facilitate quick and accurate reporting of monitoring results to ensure that ACTED, donors and other organizations can build upon successes and lessons learnt during the project
- Ensure that all documents related to the above-mentioned tasks are complete and available on file
- Perform other tasks as requested by his manager
- Comply fully with ACTED standards and principles
- Ability to write full reports on assessment, monitoring and evaluations.
- Support the project development department to design and writing of new concept notes and project proposition.
- Provide the the project development department with first draft of Intermediaries and final report.
- Experience in conducting workshops and capacity building sessions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in NGO management, Sociology, Community development,political science or related field.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in similar position in INGO.
- Previous experience with humaintrain field, Community development, economic/agricultural development and/or Participatory Rural Appraisal methodology
- Excellent oral communication , writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework
- Ability to identify gaps in existing AME systems and procedures, and to suggest improvements
- Good organizational and communication skills, in particular with rural communities
- Good in time management, and ability to work under pressure
- Good coordination skills with staff from different departments and good multi-tasking skills
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded ,professional attitude and ability to work in a team
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge
- Capable in planning and problem solving, Astute critical thinking and analytical skills
- Valid Driving license with clean record is compulsory.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, spoken and written, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel, prefer to have knowledge in SPSS
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 15/05/2018 to: [email protected] indicating the position (AME Officer - Gaza) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam.
Att: Human Resources Department