Aide Nurses assist patients perform basic day-to-day activities including helping with personal care and providing companionship. The aide nurse will plan and follow a daily care schedule with patients, modify care plans as prescribed by medical professionals, and report on any new conditions or needs that may arise. Aide nurses should be patient, empathetic, have strong people skills, observant and committed to making patients feel safe and comfortable.
Personal and Emotional Care
- Assisting patients with bathroom functions, bathing, grooming, dressing, and eating.
- Ensuring the patient room is organized according to their needs and that safety measures are in place.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to perform necessary tasks.
- Maintain good relationship with patients and their families, identifying ways to make patients feel most comfortable and content.
- Accompany patients in their daily activities and events in the wards or in the hospital’s premises.
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary, ambulating, prepare, serve, and collect food trays.
- Assist patients in eating and drinking, during and between meals.
Physical Care and Hygiene
- Change the sleep position of patients and massage their bodies with creams.
- Change diapers and clean patients when needed.
- Make sure that patients are in proper positions with blankets and pillows at their proper place.
- Make sure that bells are accessible by each patient.
- Followa prescribed healthcare plan, which may include assisting with exercise.
- Provide mobility assistant, for example helping the patients in and out of bed, a chair, or a wheelchair.
- Monitoring and reporting changes in health, behavior, and needs.
- Report any unusual incidents to the nurse in charge.
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency.
- Working in close cooperation with the in-charge nurse and performing requested tasks according to the condition of the patient.
- Following the hospitals internal policies and procedures by keeping information about patients confidential.
- Preparing formula bags with stickers and new syringes.
- Filling Oxygen bottles with sterile water.
- Empty and wash suction bottles.
- Checking on the quantities of Septadine/Septol, gloves, and gowns in the rooms and corridors and refill them when needed.
- Clean and tidy service trolleys, garbage trolleys, and cupboards of patients.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: a diploma in any nursing related field. (high school diploma with reasonable experience is acceptable)
Experience: at least one year of previous experience.
Languages: Full fluency in English or Hebrew. Additional languages are preferred.
Residency: JERUSALEM Blue IDs ONLY (The hospital cannot issue work permits)
- A willingness to work flexible hours, which includes morning, evening, and night shifts.
- Physical endurance: to be physically able to lift, move and transfer patients and provide the tasks of daily care, like bathing, dressing, and mobilizing patients.
- A professional friendly attitude and good time management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team spirit: to support one another in the shift, being ready to assist other departments when needed.
- Respectful and compassionate: to care for the patients in an attitude of kindness and concern, to share in the common goal of the whole team: the comfort and satisfaction of the patient.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV and a cover letter that includes the applicant's expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy.
Please specify in the subject line of your email that you are applying for Aide Nurse vacancy.
Email: [email protected]
Applications must be received no later than Thursday 06/5/2021 by end of day.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.