AIDA Coordinator (West Bank/Jerusalem)
HR - Palestine, Norwegian Refugee Council
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the AIDA Director, the AIDA Coordinator is responsible for:
Program and Operational Coordination
- Facilitate effective AIDA member engagement and coordination by acting as the primary focal point for members in the West Bank/Jerusalem;
- Support the effective functioning of key AIDA coordination fora, including through agenda setting, logistics, meeting facilitation, documentation and communication;
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with key external stakeholders, including UN agencies and UN-led coordination mechanisms, local authorities, local NGOs and civil society organisations, donor/diplomatic community and media;
- As delegated by the Director, represent AIDA in coordination relevant fora, including, but not limited to, ICCG, LACS, humanitarian clusters, access, and advocacy working groups;
- Contribute to AIDA program management, including proposal writing, budget development and monitoring, and donor reporting;
- Facilitate AIDA operations by undertaking support (administrative, finance and logistics) tasks, in coordination with the host agency.
Advocacy, Communications and Information Management
- Update AIDA distribution lists and process membership requests;
- Support the development of member surveys and collect information from internal and external stakeholders on issues of concern;
- Develop and maintain a calendar of events and opportunities relevant to AIDA members;
Develop and disseminate information products for members and external stakeholders, and regularly update the AIDA website;
- Develop and update AIDA advocacy and communications materials, including briefing notes, position papers, press releases and operational guidelines;
- Support the Director, ExCom and AIDA Advocacy Working Group (AWG) on the development and implementation of AIDA’s advocacy strategy;
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders, including HCT AWG, to proactively identify influencing local and international opportunities and promote joint advocacy;
- Follow relevant local, regional and international political developments, humanitarian trends, human rights issues and development policy to inform AIDA’s work.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s);
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in NGO/UN coordination, advocacy, communications and/or program implementation in oPt;
- Sound understanding of political, development, humanitarian and human rights issues, programming and operations in Palestine and Israel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, networking and influencing skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure and prioritise effectively;
- Documented experience facilitating effective meetings, workshops and training;
- Excellent ICT and information management skills, including MS Office, database management, online communication, and social media platforms;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, with Hebrew competence an advantage;
- Willingness to travel throughout Palestine and Israel, including Gaza.
We can offer
1-year contract, renewable subject to funding, in accordance with labour law
Salary/benefits: According to NRC's salary pay scale and terms and conditions.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة