Agronomists - Plant Production
MA'AN Development Center is seeking to recruit an experienced, qualified, and dynamic candidates whom can supports a Global Affairs- Canada (GAC) International Humanitarian Assistance Directorate (MHD) funded project. “ Improving Food Security for Vulnerable Small Scale breeders and mixed farming households living in Area C of West Bank “ Project that focuses on improve protection and productive capacities of underserved and most vulnerable populations of small scale breeders and mixed farming households in Area C communities in Bethlehem, Hebron, Jericho, Jerusalem, Qalqiliya and Tubas Governorates.
Position title: Agronomists - Plant Production
Location: One in Qalqiliya, One in Jenin to cover Tubas and Jericho, and One in Hebron to cover Hebron, Bethlehem, Jerusalem
Reports to: Project Manager and Project Area/Field coordinators
Position type and duration: Full time 20 months
The agronomist will be responsible for supervision, on field coordination, and ensuring smooth implementation of Global Affairs- Canada (GAC) International Humanitarian Assistance Directorate (MHD) funded project. The project activities includes land rehabilitation, rehabilitation of greenhouses, rehabilitation of community wells/cisterns and installation of solar units and pumps, installation and rehabilitation of water carrier lines, and following up with workshops & technical training courses and other soft components.
In addition, he / she will assist in formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of the project, as well as delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct regular field visits and supervision of the project implementation activities. This includes(quality control of deliverables, quantities follow up, work documentation and other related tasks);
- Participate in drafting projects documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, tenders, budgets, cash flows and schedules;
- Supervise and provide technical advice suppliers and the workforce. Supervise on daily basis the skilled and unskilled workers and contractors;
- Coordinate with MA’AN staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned; including coordinate for the field visits requested by the Project Area/Field coordinators, coordination with stakeholders, identifying targeted communities and need assessments;
- Preparing progress reports and success stories as requested
- Ensure that all documents related to the above-mentioned tasks are complete and available.
- Other tasks within the job title qualifications as required by MA’AN work (assessments, external contacts and/or representation)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Agriculture ( Plant Production and Protection);
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of fieldwork with the focus of improving local food security, and in the implementation of agricultural projects and preferable experience in Cash for Work;
- Experience in train, supervise and extension to the small scale livestock breeders and mixed farming households;
- Knowledge of herding and Bedouin communities in Area C of West Bank (Bethlehem, Hebron, Jericho, Jerusalem, Qalqiliya and Tubas Governorates);
- Knowledge of NGOs and CBOs structures;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Excellent networking and coordination skills;
- Professional level in both Arabic & English language skills;
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Advanced computer literacy
Qualified Candidates should submit their CVs and a letter of interest no later than the 30th of May 2020 to the following E-mail:
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for the position.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted