Strengthening Herders’ Resilience Project
Catholic Relief Services - CRS
Jerusalem/West/Bank Gaza Country Program Department: Programs
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in the Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza since 1961. The CRS JWBG country program currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, social justice promotion, livelihoods, and civil society strengthening. CRS’ offices are in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Ramallah, and Gaza.
CRS JWBG is currently staring up a new livelihood project that aims to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable Bedouin and herding communities in Bethlehem and Hebron, by supporting herders to improve their livestock-based livelihoods. The project will target approximately 140 communities in Area C and will be implemented through a close coordination and collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) and the five directorate offices in Bethlehem and Hebron.
Key project activities include:
- Behavioral change activities, in partnership with MoA extension teams, on livestock feed and shelter for improved livestock management. Activities include in person trainings and remote messaging.
- Development of remote messaging system with MoA for regular and timely information sharing with herders.
- Revision and dissemination of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials e.g. SMS, fosters, videos for remote extension services in coordination with Bethlehem and Hebron MoA directorates and central level in Ramallah.
- Capacity building activities for technical teams for MoA Directorates.
As a consultant to the Strengthening Herders’ Resilience project team, the consultant will support key milestones and deliverables for the project per the SOW and deliverable list below.
Scope of Work:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Support needed coordination with MoA directorates to gather needed information, establish the project implementation plan, coordinate trainings, and deliver key extension messaging to herding communities.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist project staff and MoA in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support MEAL activities by assisting the CRS team and MoA in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with CRS staff, MoA and other relevant partners to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of agriculture sector and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants with relevant experience and qualifications are encouraged to apply as follows:
Application form and complete Terms of Reference is available at (http://jobs.crsjwbg.org)
Submit an application that includes at minimum:
- Technical proposal that includes:
- Cover Letter summarizing:
- Relevant previous experience of the same service with emphasis on previous related work
- CV highlighting relevant experience.
- Financial proposal (CRS Consultancy Application Form (Annex 1) Prices should be in New Israeli Shekels. The financial proposal must identify the rate for the expected deliverables per identified units (working days that equals 8 hours) and should respect the scope of work described and maximum timeline mentioned in this TOR
- Please submit your full application no later than 4:00 PM on October 3, 2023 at http://jobs.crsjwbg.org
If you have related experience and interested please CLICK HERE to check the document