Working efficiently, effectively, and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition, and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The GIZ project “Strengthening Sustainable Livelihoods in rural areas II” focuses on providing economic prospects for vulnerable population in rural areas by providing agricultural advisory services, reducing the costs for irrigation with small-scale water infrastructure, supporting cooperatives in their efforts in marketing and providing access to finance for rural women.
To support our operations, the project Livelihoods II is looking for an intern to assist the project in its operations on a technical level as well as Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
“Agriculture & Gender Intern”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- General administrative and operational tasks in the project office related to all project components.
- Research tasks related to Agriculture, rural development, and Gender.
- Support the project team with the drafting and editing of reports, presentations, factsheets, social media posts, etc.
- Provide logistical support on activities such as the organization, documentation, and reporting of events, workshops, training courses, etc.
- Participate in team meetings, events, brainstorming sessions, field visits, etc., and contribute to project-related issues.
- Assist in compiling, analyzing, and storing monitoring data.
- Support for the head of the project and the project advisors on needs basis
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience:
- Bachelor's student in the third or fourth year of university or recently graduated in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Agricultural Engineering, or any education relevant to the subject of the programme
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing, and reading) is a must.
- Excellent computer skills (especially Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint)
- Creative, innovative, and excellent communication skills.
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, team-player, highly motivated.
Assignment: Starting 15.09.2023.3 months contract with possible extension up to 6 months in total
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV, and cover letter, no later than 21st of August 2023 at the latest 12:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Agriculture & Gender Intern”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form