Agricultural Engineers - Animal Production and Health
Agricultural Engineers -Animal Production and Health
MA'AN Development Center is seeking to recruit an experienced, qualified, and dynamic candidates whom can supports a Global Affairs- Canada (GAC) International Humanitarian Assistance Directorate (MHD) funded project. “ Improving Food Security for Vulnerable Small Scale breeders and mixed farming households living in Area C of West Bank “ Project that focuses on improve protection and productive capacities of underserved and most vulnerable populations of small scale breeders and mixed farming households in Area C communities in Bethlehem, Hebron, Jericho, Jerusalem, Qalqiliya and Tubas Governorates.
Position title: Agricultural Engineers -Animal Production and Health
Location: One position in Hebron to cover Hebron, One position in Bethlehem to cover Bethlehem and Jerusalem, and One position in Jenin to cover Tubas, Jericho, Qalqiliya
Reports to: Project Manager and Project Area/Field coordinators
Position type and duration: Full time 12 months
The Agricultural Engineer is responsible to supervise technical aspects of the implementation of Livestock related works under a GAC funded project and others if needed. Ensure that all works are executed in compliance with the specifications, standards and contract drawings. Prepare and submit field reports on the implementation of the activities that s/he is responsible.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Proving technical advice in small ruminant, fodder production units and animal production and health fields;
- Preparing work plans for enhanced fodder seedlings and crops production units and rehabilitation activities of the livestock and poultry farms/shed, this includes but not limited to (coordination with stakeholders, identifying targeted communities and need assessments and BOQs);
- Supervising and following up the implementation of rehabilitation activities for the livestock and poultry farms/shed, establishment of fodder seedlings and crops production units, and providing mobile galvanized steel water tanks to 20 herding families. This includes(quality control of deliverables, quantities follow up, work documentation and other related tasks)
- Facilitate and coordinate for the field visits requested by the Project Area/Field coordinators
- Preparing progress reports and success stories as requested
- Ensure that all documents related to the above-mentioned tasks are complete and available.
- Other tasks within the job title qualifications as required by MA’AN work (assessments, external contacts and/or representation)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Agriculture ( Animal Production and Health);
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of fieldwork with the focus of improving local food security, and in the implementation of livestock projects and preferable experience in small ruminant sub- sector;
- Experience in train, supervise and extension to the small scale livestock breeders and mixed farming households;
- Knowledge of herding and Bedouin communities in Area C of West Bank (Bethlehem, Hebron, Jericho, Jerusalem, Qalqiliya and Tubas Governorates);
- Knowledge of NGOs and CBOs structures;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Excellent networking and coordination skills;
- Professional level in both Arabic & English language skills;
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Advanced computer literacy
Qualified Candidates should submit their CVs and a letter of interest no later than the 30th of May 2020 to the following E-mail:
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for the position.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted