Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the field researcher (Gaza Strip) position is to monitor, research, investigate and document human rights violations against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip to raise awareness of the situation and encourage policy changes.
- Monitor, research, investigate and document human rights violations through the systematic collection and analysis of witness accounts, evidentiary materials, such as photographs and video, and expert testimonies
- Identify emerging patterns or trends to ensure adaptive and rapid advocacy and support the production of research materials and communications content
- Coordinate closely with NRC’s program teams to structure, fact-check and follow-up on field research.
- Produce evidence-based in depth field reports
- Develop and maintain a source list of public and confidential contacts, including community leaders, community-based organizations, local and international NGOs, UN agencies and governmental representatives to rapidly gather and verify information
- Support the development and maintenance of a secure information management system for all collected information
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- A degree in journalism, law, social sciences, or related studies.
- At least 3 years of field research experience, focusing on accountability for violations and ensuring Palestinian rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
- Exceptional critical thinking thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles.
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in the oPt, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Established network of public and confidential contacts, including community leaders, community-based organizations, local and international NGOs, UN agencies and governmental representatives
- Basic photography skills
- Technical specific knowledge of the humanitarian and human rights sectors
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Native-level Arabic, both written and verbal, fluency in verbal English
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: one year renewable
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sat-Thu (6 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة