1-Adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
2-Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
3-Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
4-Ensure proper filing of documents.
5-Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
6-Identify patterns and trends to raise awareness of international human rights law and international humanitarian law violations in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
7-Highlight key incidents during escalations or emergencies for rapid advocacy intervention.
8-Promote the rights of refugees and internal displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy
9-Apply a victim-centred approach when collecting testimonies, ensuring any privacy or safety concerns receive priority.
10-Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, national authorities and the media.
Specific responsibilities :
1-Monitor, research, investigate and document human rights violations through the systematic collection and analysis of witness accounts, evidentiary materials, such as photographs and video, and expert testimonies
2-Identify emerging patterns or trends to ensure adaptive and rapid advocacy and support the production of research materials and communications content
3-Coordinate closely with NRC’s program teams to structure, fact-check and follow-up on field research.
4-Produce evidence-based in depth field reports
5-Develop and maintain a source list of public and confidential contacts, including community leaders, community-based organizations, local and international NGOs, UN agencies and governmental representatives to rapidly gather and verify information
6-Support the development and maintenance of a secure information management system for all collected information
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Technical specific knowledge of the humanitarian and human rights sectors
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Native-level Arabic, both written and verbal, fluency in English and Hebrew preferred
Context related skills, knowledge and experience :
- A degree in journalism, law, social sciences, or related studies
- At least 3 years of field research experience, focusing on accountability for violations and ensuring Palestinian rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled
- Exceptional critical thinking, thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in the oPt, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs
- Established network of public and confidential contacts, including community leaders, community-based organizations, local and international NGOs, UN agencies and governmental representatives
- Basic photography skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Handling insecure environment
- Working with People
- Communicating with Impact and Respect
- Coping with change
Duty station: Jerusalem
Contract duration : 1 year renewable
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة