National plus terms and conditions of employment will apply
ActionAid Palestine is looking for an experienced Advocacy & Campaigning Manager who is responsible for the designing and implementation of Advocacy & Campaigning plan for ActionAid Palestine, in accordance with AA Palestine’s country strategy.
- Development and implementation of AAP Advocacy & Campaigning strategies across the organisation.
- Leading AAI Values Practice & Strategy Change Priorities.
- Work with Partners to strengthen advocacy and Campaigning capacity, and support partners to undertake advocacy at local, national and international levels.
- Design and facilitate exposure visits for members of the ActionAid Federation or other influential groups or individuals to raise awareness of the situation in Palestine.
- Lead and guide the accountability work in Gaza, supporting the capacity of AA and partner staff have the knowledge, skills and tools to ensure accountability to disaster affected communities.
- Lead the development of an effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting system.
- Cooperation with parts of the International Federation to develop funding proposals which focus on policy and advocacy work
- linkage with international donors in country to promote AA’s work and secure funding.
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that correct procedures are followed by staff under supervision.
- Develop, monitor, and update the advocacy and Campaigning budget and work plans.
- Manage the mobilization of information and develop Campaigning quickly to initiate or respond to changes in the operating environment
To be eligible to apply for the role, you should have:
- Extensive understanding of Advocacy & Campaigning and significant experience of Experience of planning and executing campaigns
- Proven track record of writing and designing campaign actions and other communication materials, using both online and print approaches
- Knowledge of approaches to developing and communicating public campaigns, including messages, audiences and delivery methods, which aim to inspire and motivate people to take action.
- Excellent Communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), Arabic an advantage.
- High level exposure to humanitarian and development issues and contexts.
Indicative salary range: 111,503.00 ILS to 143,982.00 ILS (Israeli shekel) gross per annum.
A comprehensive job description is available for download at: http://www.actionaid.org/jobs/advocacy-campaigning-manager-actionaid-palestine
You are requested to highlight in the motivation/cover letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed in the person specification, in addition your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the desirable criteria.
To be considered for this role, your passport must be eligible to enter Israel (essential to access Palestinian territory).
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and an updated CV (totaling no more than 4 pages) by email to: [email protected]
Subject line: Advocacy & Campaigning Manager
Deadline for application submission is: Thursday 1st November 2018
Important to note:
- We will contact only short list candidates. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
- The contract is subject to the approval of a work permit by Israel.
- Women are encouraged to apply.